Google+ is a social media network –that is relatively new and underused. Check how fast Google+ grows, their users and who they like the most with this useful infographic by website-monitoring.com. This infographic pulls together some of the major facts and figures of Google+ including the top countries, occupations, history, facts, people, pages, brands, media, & services.
What is SOcial Media?
Colme, Lancashire (PRWEB UK) 11 December 2012
Social media is becoming a large part of young adult’s lives, so much so that one in three people have admitted to using social media whilst using the bathroom. It seems that bathrooms are no longer precious moments of solitude and instead are being used to catch up on such ‘important’ matters as looking at photos from a busy weekend of partying.
A recent survey undertaken by Boundary Bathrooms coincides with another new study, conducted in the USA by the Nielsen company, discovered that a third (32%) of people aged 18-24 were active on social media during bathroom visits. This means that out of the 121.1 billion minutes spent on social media in just one month a chunk of them were likely spent sat on the toilet. With over 61% of UK adults now using social media the results in the UK are likely to be similar, although you might not find many people that are willing to admit it.
Boundary Bathrooms own results closely resemble those obtained in the above study; with 40% of users in the age range of 18-25 partaking in social media whilst in the bathroom.
Thomas Mulrooney, marketing assistant at top internet bathroom retailer Boundary Bathrooms, decided to comment on the study: “If I’m being honest I would definitely be part of that statistic! I suppose it’s no different than taking in a book or magazine to read while you do your business, except that I doubt your friends would want to know if you were talking to them while also being sat on the toilet. I’m not surprised by these findings at all, in fact I once knew someone who would answer calls and respond to text messages by reaching for his phone when he was in the shower. It was quite amusing when he couldn’t seem to figure out why his phone finally gave up and broke though, so I’d recommend leaving your phone alone in these situations!”
Accessing social media on our mobile phones, inside and outside of the bathroom, is part of a growing trend of phones being used for all our daily activities; particularly shopping. This is an area that Boundary Bathrooms is obviously most interested in, and with one survey suggesting that 91% of consumers use their mobile phones for at least a part of the shopping process – whether it be simply researching shower enclosures or going further and buying one – it’s an area that the company is keen to tap into.
“We’ve seen a massive increase in our customers using their mobiles to arrive at our site” explained Joanne Butterworth, marketing manager at Boundary Bathrooms. “Approximately 17% of our annual traffic now arrives through some sort of mobile device, including both mobile phones and tablets. We’ve noticed a whopping 129.99% increase in mobile visitors compared to the same annual period in 2011, so it’s definitely an area that we’re concentrating on through improving and streamlining the customers experience when they use a mobile device.”
Boundary Bathrooms is also seeing increased engagement on their own social media pages, with their following and interactions growing steadily over the last few months. To get involved with the latest news and updates from the Boundary crew, head on over to their Twitter page.
Boundary Bathrooms has been supplying bathroom products for 65 years and has become thoroughly established in the online bathroom retail sector. Through their website they supply thousands of baths, basins, showers, bathroom furniture, bathroom accessories and more. They have been owned by The Grafton Group Plc, one of the largest builder’s merchants in Europe, since 2007. Recently the company has also become part of Online Home Retail Limited, joining the same group of websites that includes bathroom giant Plumbworld Ltd.
San Diego, CA — (SBWIRE) — 08/08/2012
Thousands of online entrepreneurs are flocking to the new Marketing Online Magazine website to get the latest insights, news and information on the world of online marketing. Designed for the aspiring entrepreneur looking for a way into the world of Internet marketing without expensive lessons, Marketing Online Magazine (MOM) is filled with articles, news, events and more.
While the world of internet marketing can be highly lucrative, learning how to market online successfully can be both expensive and elusive. The recent launch of the new Marketing Online Magazine website is quickly filling the void with the vital information that internet entrepreneurs need at no cost. “Driving traffic to an internet business website and then making it sell is a very involved hands-on process,” said Marketing Online Magazine Publisher/Editor Henry Aldrete. “We created this publication to help entrepreneurs to better understand that process so that they can make better use of the Internet as a marketing vehicle for their products and services.”
With 45 to 50 pages of valuable monthly content in PDF format, readers are immersed in the best online source for tips, tools, and techniques for successful marketing online. Featured articles focus on all issues related to marketing online while the marketing product/service videos, reviews, news, events, tools and expert interviews bring greater depth to the reader’s breadth of knowledge.
While the website and the publication is free and open to everyone, those that sign up as subscribers get free access to a wealth of additional content and products that help entrepreneurs intent on Marketing a small business online. The additional content includes more than 60 specific how-to videos on Internet Marketing and a massive 100,000 PLR article library. In addition, subscribers get 23 WordPress videos, 26 complete WordPress themes plus 33 plugins and three free Professional Silver-Level Memberships with more being added every month. “We believe that even though Marketing Online Magazine is free, it is one of the best investments that an internet age entrepreneur will ever make,” said Aldrete.
The August issue, which is available right now, has an interview with small business expert, Roger Pierce, the Co-founder of BizLaunch.com. The current issue also has a number of insightful feature articles including “How To Take Good Care Of Your Affiliates And Make More Money,” as well as “Building An Internet Home Business” and other great articles for internet marketers. Readers will also find the regular sections such as the MOM Success Story, Ask the Expert, Gadgets and Toys as well as many other helpful, informative and entertaining sections. For more information, please visit http://www.marketingonlinemagazine.net
The new website is dedicated to educating the new internet marketer with tips, tools and techniques for successful marketing online. The free PDF-format magazine features a wealth of informative and entertaining feature articles and interviews as well as the latest news, events and product reviews. With signup for a free subscription, readers get a wealth of additional free content and products such as how-to videos, a massive 100.000 PLR library as well as WordPress videos, themes, plugins and much more.
SOURCE: SBWIRE, EMAILWIRE.COM
About eight months from now, Kenya will vote in a historic election that is set to transform the East African nation into a respectable democracy. And as the March 2013 polls near, presidential aspirants are crisscrossing the country in meet-the-people tours to sell their policies and visions.
However, as the aspirants seek to meet voters physically, many of them have realized that they must also make rounds on Twitter and Facebook, among other internet sites.
The social media platforms are playing a big role in Kenya’s electoral process as both politicians and electorate embrace them.
The sites role in the polls are expected to increase as Kenya’s elections, the first since the country degenerated into violence after 2007 disputed presidential polls, draw closer.
It is estimated that there are over 2 million users of Facebook and Twitter in the East African nation.
The number of social media users in the country is rising as internet-enabled phones become cheaper and more people embrace the platforms.
Data from Communication Commission of Kenya (CCK) indicates that close to 7 million people in the East African nation access the internet, majority through their mobile phones.
And as the number of social media users increase and the influence of social media spread, politicians cannot ignore this voting constituency.
Many of them are using social media to interact with voters, reach Diaspora, fundraise, sell their policies and inform people of their activities.
On the other hand, the electorate is using the platforms to hold political debates, access their presidential candidates and inform them about their aspirations and fears.
Top on the list of presidential candidates in the East African nation who are using social media actively to engage voters is Prime Minister Raila Odinga and legislator Martha Karua.
The two are among people in the East African nation with the biggest followers on Twitter and friends on Facebook.
Almost every hour, they inform voters of what they are doing, in both words and pictures, and comment on issues that affect Kenyans.
“I will be at Kamukunji grounds in Kibera at 2 p.m. today for a public rally. You are all welcome,” wrote Odinga on his Twitter handle on Sunday. On Friday, the Prime Minister had informed voters of his tour of Nyandarua County in central Kenya.
“I will pay a visit to the family of J.M. Kariuki and make a stopover at Kinangop to visit Mukami Kimathi, wife of freedom fighter Dedan Kimathi,” he wrote.
Similarly, Karua is reaching out to voters using her Twitter and Facebook accounts as much as she is campaigning in various parts of the East African nation.
“This Sunday, I would like to appreciate millions of Kenyans who wake up every day and go about their business hoping to make ends meet. You are the game-changers and you all humble me. To you, I say better days are coming,” she wrote on her Facebook page on Sunday.
The presidential candidate is also using social media to raise funds for her campaigns.
Karua launched an initiative dubbed Simama na mama na mia (donate 1.2 dollars for my campaign) on social media.
The initiative appeals to voters to help her raise funds, which will make her be accountable to voters when she is elected president.
“Thank you all for your overwhelming support to Simama na mama na mia fundraising initiative. You have taken a step of faith and heeded my call to action for you to own your presidency,” she appreciated as she gave out a mobile phone money account where voters can send their donations.
Every Friday and Thursday respectively, Odinga and Karua hold ‘ press conferences’ on Twitter where they field questions live from Kenyans.
In a country where presidential candidates shy away from public debates, social media therefore remains the only platform where Kenyans can reach and question their leaders.
“For how long will Kenyans continue living in insecurity and poor health? Many Kenyans are economic refugees in the U.S., Britain and other countries because they could not get jobs here. Every five years, Kenyans go to the polls to elect leaders who promise them heaven, yet they never live up to their promises, what will be different this time?” George Otieno asked Karua.
That Karua answered her on Facebook made him appreciate the power of social media in linking leaders and voters.
“I would never have found an opportunity to ask her the question but social media has given me the power to do that,” he said.
Inmobi, a global mobile advertisement network in a research released last month on the role of new media in Kenya’s elections, noted that majority of Kenyans are using social media as a source of political information.
The research noted that social media will increasingly play a crucial role in disseminating political information and political leaders will use it to convince voters to vote for them.
Inmobi further indicated that about 60 percent of voters will want to have party memorabilia that include wall papers on their social media pages and mobile phones as screen savers.
It is expected that during elections, Kenyans will also use social media to report cases of election malpractices like voter bribery and violence.
But as the polls near, authorities fear that Kenyans may use social media to spread hate and intimidate opponents as happened in 2007. The government is, however, putting measures to check this.
Source: Copyright Xinhua News Agency – CEIS 2012
Tags: CEIS 2012, Communication Commission of Kenya (CCK), East Aftrica, Facebook, Kenya Politicians, New Media, Political Information via Social Media, Social Marketing, Social Media, Social Media Users, Twitter
Professors & Social Media
Who: Visually oriented professionals, in such fields as product and home design, photography, fashion or architecture to name a few
What: Showcasing visual content as well as bookmarking photos, recipes, crafts, clothes, infographics, travel and other information
When: Check in daily; but set a timer as this is an addictive network
Why: Lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. You can use pinboards to plan weddings, decorate homes, organize your closer and arrange recipes
Located in Vancouver, British Columbia.
More information? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 60 Seconds in SOcial Media | SO! What? SOcial. bit.ly/U34lR3 #SMM #Infographic 2 hours ago
- Lets Get SOcial? | SO! What? SOcial. bit.ly/V72bi0 #InternetMarketing #SOWhatSOcial 2 hours ago
- SOcial Media 10 Years Later | SO! What? SOcial. bit.ly/YaZfpp #SOcialMedia #SMM 2 hours ago
- “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”... fb.me/SMH1BJfo 11 hours ago
- @CatalystPart Thanks #SO much for the #follow! How is your week so far? 12 hours ago
- @Twitter Retweets 101 | SO! What? SOcial. bit.ly/VLNMKk #Twitter #RT 13 hours ago
- Content Marketing vs. Traditional Advertising | SO! What? SOcial. bit.ly/VoXJfC #ContentMarketing #SOWhatSOcial 14 hours ago
- RT @mashable: Cops Bust Woman for Hitting Cyclist After She Brags on @Twitter on.mash.to/YYddd2 14 hours ago
- @Google Search Algorithm Updates | SO! What? SOcial. bit.ly/S6qYEf #SEO #SEM 14 hours ago
- @DaveSquidoo Thanks for the #RT! 15 hours ago
Connect with US!
SO! What? Calender
SO! What? SOcial Blogroll
- When To Post On SOcial Media Networks? May 20, 2013
- Maximizing Return From Your Facebook Investment May 14, 2013
- How Do Men and Women Use SOcial Media Differently? May 13, 2013
- Effective “Big Data” Management = Successful Online Marketing May 8, 2013
- Why a SOcial CEO? May 7, 2013
- Are Your SOcial Media Analytics Working for You? May 6, 2013
- Facebook: Best Days to Post, Segmented By Industry May 5, 2013
- Did You Know 70% of Pinterest Engagement is Community Driven? May 2, 2013
- The New Heart of Marketing: Service May 1, 2013
- How to Increase Your Twitter Following? April 30, 2013
- 12 New Personality Types in SOcial Media April 24, 2013
- SOcial Media & Corporate Strategy: Changing Roadmaps and New Landscapes April 23, 2013
- Should You Use Twitter? This Flowchart Has The Answer! April 20, 2013
- Which Demographics Use SOcial Media? April 15, 2013
- How to Optimize Your SOcial Channels for Lead Generation April 10, 2013
- SO! What? SOcial Hits 3000 Likes on Facebook April 9, 2013
- How #Hashtags Work? April 9, 2013
- 10 Useless Things to Cut From Your Marketing April 8, 2013
- Are You The SOcial Media You Use? April 6, 2013
- Multi-Channel Marketing Best Practices with PRNewswire April 5, 2013
- ‘Old School’ SEO And The 5 New Rules To Follow April 4, 2013
- 5 Tips on Creating Great SOcial Media Channels April 2, 2013
- Inspirational Tuesday April 2, 2013
- The 4 C’s of SOcial Media April 1, 2013
- Five Steps to a Successful LinkedIn Company Page March 30, 2013
- R.I.P Steve Jobs March 27, 2013
- Infographics, Images, and the Value of Impressions: Why are Visual Features Vital to Social Marketing? March 26, 2013
- Rocking SOcial Media: Work Smarter, Not Harder March 25, 2013
- 50 Tried and True Social Insights From Real Marketers March 24, 2013
- SOcial Media Marketing World #SMMW13 March 23, 2013
- The Anatomy of Content Marketing: Infographic March 19, 2013
- Free Template: The Social Media Publishing Schedule March 18, 2013
- Happy St. Patrick’s Day! March 17, 2013
- Is SOcial Media Bad For Your Phone? March 16, 2013
- SOcial Media Networks 2013 March 14, 2013
- Marketing Metrics & Analytics Guide March 13, 2013
- Webinar: How to Use Pinterest for Your Business March 12, 2013
- Tweet Cheat Sheet: How to Increase Your Engagement March 11, 2013
- Spring Forward 2013 March 9, 2013
- How to Attract Customers with Twitter & Vine March 8, 2013
- The Women of SOcial Media March 7, 2013
- The Art of SOcial Selling March 4, 2013
- Dress for Success Vancouver March 3, 2013
- Happy Weekend! March 2, 2013
- SOcial MEowDia Explained February 28, 2013
- The Tweets From The Top February 27, 2013
- SO! What? SOcial Hits 2000 Likes on Facebook February 27, 2013
- Attack of the Customers February 26, 2013
- Oscars Best Dressed According To Facebook February 25, 2013
SO! What? SOcial Top Posts & Pages
SO! What? SOcial Tags
SO! What? SOcial Category Cloud
SO! What? SOcial Posts I Like
SO! What? Feature Posts
On March 7th, 2013, Dress for Success Vancouver will host IMPACT: An Event for Change, the organization’s annual major fundraising event. Once again, this year’s event will take place at the prestigious Rosewood Hotel Georgia. The evening presents a mix of philanthropy and entertainment – guests have the chance to win special door prizes, bid on exciting […]
B2B Marketing B2B Social Media BC Chapter of the American Marketing Association BCBusiness BrandYou Branding Professionals Brandixit | The Next Generation Branding Community BtoB Marketing Canadian Social Media Professionals [#CSMP] Content Strategy Digital Marketing Digital Media Group E-Commerce Network Ecommerce and Online Marketing Experts Enterprise Social 2.0 Future Trends Google Analytics Innovations in Social Media […]
Awards Gala & Networking Event! Join us on November 28, 2012 at this exciting awards evening as we reveal the Best Companies to Work for in BC 2012 winners. Network with 500+ business professionals and celebrate with the finalists and winners. Plus, hear John Herdman, head coach of the Canadian Olympic women’s soccer team speak on […]
City of Vancouver Completes Three-Year, $3-Million Overhaul of Website. Read: http://ow.ly/cRESY #Vancouver
SO! What? SOcial Top Rated
SO! What? Categories
SO! What? SOcial Top Clicks
SO! What? SOcial
SOcial Media is here to stay. It is today’s new word of mouth engine that drives customer awareness and decision making ability. Be involved in the conversation. Our expert team of SOcial media professionals at SO! What? SOcial Media provide total SOcial media solutions that meet your needs and generate a positive return on your investment.
SO! What? SOcial is a SOcial media marketing agency that specializes in search and SOcial media to connect and engage with your target market. A full service firm that helps connect with target markets develop healthy relationships and build engaging communities.
SO! What? We help companies’ better start, understand, leverage and join in relevant conversations happening all over the World Wide Web. Why? Because in doing so, we improve our client’s business and brand results.
✓SOcial Media Marketing
✓Marketing Strategy and Roadmap
✓SOcial Media Measurement
✓Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
✓SOcial Media Marketing Platform Integration
✓Digital and SOcial Media Advertising
✓Community Building& Community Management
✓SOcial Media Advertising
✓Online Contest and Sweepstakes
✓Fast Tracking SOcial Media Growth
✓Local Search Marketing
✓SOcial Media Monitoring and Analytics
✓Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
✓Pay Per Click Management
✓Custom SOcial Media Profile Development
✓ Website Digital Design and Build
SO! What? A SOcial Media Company. Engage. Connect. SOcialize
Located in Vancouver, British Columbia.
More information? Contact us: email@example.com
- When To Post On SOcial Media Networks?What are the best and worst times to post on social media? Finding the best time to post on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn Google+, Pinterest to increase your engagement, click throughs, likes, shares, retweets, and repins is today’s social media holy grail. This infographic created by Social Caffeine goes into how you can maximize the reach […]
- Maximizing Return From Your Facebook InvestmentSpeaker: Rebecca Momberg, Director, Client Solutions and Strategy, Marin Software Thursday, May 16, 2013- 1:00 PM EDT Register to Learn: How to craft a Facebook campaign strategy for your business objectives Best practices for audience targeting, creative design, creative placement and user experience How to see the full picture of your Facebook performance […]
- How Do Men and Women Use SOcial Media Differently?Did you know that male and female behaviour is very different when it comes to social media? How is it different? On Facebook 62 percent of women do the bulk of sharing while YouTube os where men spend most of their time. 70 percent of Pinterest users are women and also dominate Twitter at 62 percent. […]
- Effective “Big Data” Management = Successful Online MarketingSpeaker: Shaun Siler, Senior Sales Manager, Searchmetrics Tuesday, May 14, 2013- 1:00 PM EDT Do you feel like the management of your vast amounts of data has gotten out of hand? Multiple data sets from disparate sources are what is now called “Big Data.” Search rankings, site visits, and click-data, when assimilated in an organized […]
- Why a SOcial CEO?Did you know that only one in five CEO’s have a social network account? This inforaphic created by MBA Online goes into detail about how this could have a negative impact on business. What do you think about this? Should all CEOs get SOcial? Leave your thoughts in the comments section below. Like SO! What? SOcial […]
- Are Your SOcial Media Analytics Working for You?An exclusive, live webinar from Social Media Today May 8th at 3pm EST / 12pm PST Sponsored by You’re now generating mountains of data with your social media efforts and your team has been producing actionable reports. But are your analytics tools properly analyzing all the data you need to? Are you confident in the […]
- Facebook: Best Days to Post, Segmented By IndustryAre you curious about what the best day to post on Facebook is? This all depends on your industry as each industry is different. The infographic below created by LinchpinSEO goes into detail about what the best days to post as it relates to each primary industry type including: Advertising & Consulting, Automotive, Clothing & Fashion, […]
- Did You Know 70% of Pinterest Engagement is Community Driven?Did you know that 70 percent of brand engagement on Pinterest is generated by the pinning community vs brands? This infographic by Digitas below takes a look at how users are driving the conversation on Pinterest and how brands can take advantage of this and amp up on audience engagement. “Brands need to go forth […]
- The New Heart of Marketing: ServiceAn exclusive, live webinar from Social Media Today May 2nd at 1pm EST / 10am PST There was a time when marketing was all about selling and pushing out the company line. But with the rise of social media, marketers have replaced old models of company-customer communication with vital new models, based on conversation, interaction […]
- How to Increase Your Twitter Following?Tweeting Consistency Sticking with a consistent tweeting schedule on Twitter is important, this symbolizes you being active in your Twitter community. Social media expertswould agree that spending some time each day getting up to date with current events, news, press releases, ect so that you have relevant and timely things to tweet about. I would suggest [ […]
SO! What? SOcial
- About Us
- 2012 Events
- 2012 Webinar
- 3 Steps to Massive Traffic from YouTube
- Accelerate SMB Growth in 2013
- Best B2B Social Practices
- Debunking Mobile Research Myths
- Facebook Marketing Secrets
- Harnessing the Power of Online Networks
- How to Build Links, Get Rankings
- How to Grow Your LinkedIn Group
- Is Social Still Cool?
- LinkedIn and your Brand
- Marketing Goes Mobile – and Local
- Marketing on Social Networks
- Marketing with SlideShare
- Multi Content Funnel Marketing
- SEO and Internet Marketing in 2012
- Social Media and Marketing
- Social Media Monitoring #MSM12
- 2013 Events
- 2013 Webinar
- SOcial Media
- SOcial Media Campaign
- SOcial Networking
- Content Creation
- SOcial Media
- SOcial News
- SOcial Media