Social media is a field that a lot of companies are still trying to figure out, so they’re willing to pay knowledgeable people a good salary to do the work for them. That’s what the folks at Jobs in Social Media, a community of social media professionals, say in their new salary findings.In today’s world, newspaper reporters are being replaced by online bloggers and podcasters. Classified ad salespeople are being replaced by “social media account executives,” and there are a whole slew of other jobs that are going online and turning social.
The best part is that most of these new gigs offer competitive salaries. And in many cases you can even do the work from home. Jobs in Social Media broke down the most popular job types and researched the salaries through various online tools. Here’s what they found:
- Social media account executive – $73,000 per year
- Social media designer – $67,000 per year
- Social media strategist – $61,000 per year
- Brand manager – $59,000 per year
- Social media manager – $57,000 per year
- Social media specialist – $55,000 per year
- Community manager – $55,000 per year
- Engagement coordinator – $49,000 per year
- Social media marketing coordinator – $47,000 per year
- Blogger – $32,000 per year
Things get even more lucrative in the Fortune 500 companies. As a ‘Director of Social Media’ you can make anywhere between $125k – $180k based on conversations with recruiters who place people in these roles.
So if you’re knowledgeable about any aspect of social media, or are looking to turn your current job into something that has a brighter future, you should seriously consider finding a job in this industry. Start tweeting or blogging (or both) and make a name for yourself through social media.
SOURCE: Jobs in Social Media