We’re just curious. Do you have a schedule for your social media marketing activities? Do you set specific times when it comes to managing your social media accounts like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Tumblr, SlideShare, YouTube accounts? Feel free to share your answers in the comment section below!
Wade Brannon, owner of the Pigtails & Crewcuts franchise
Roswell, Georgia (PRWEB) December 30, 2012
According to the experts, business growth will continue in 2013. A report from the National Association for Business Economics predicts the economy will expand by 2.1 percent in 2013, compared to 2.2 percent in 2012. When it comes to franchise businesses, a similar scenario is taking shape, with a 1.4 percent growth projected, compared to a 1.5 percent increase in 2012, according to the International Franchise Association. Franchises, which account for 3.4 percent of the GDP, are expected to add 162,000 jobs to the economy before 2014.
Any growth is good, according to Wade Brannon, president and owner of the children’s hair salon franchise Pigtails & Crewcuts, based in Atlanta, Georgia, which has more than 30 locations across the country. But Brannon warns business owners that as the economy continues to improve, the hard work has just begun. “It appears we’ve weathered the worst of the storm, and for most of us business owners it’s been a humbling experience,” says Brannon, who formerly served as the senior vice president of Heavenly Ham, which he helped grow to more than 200 locations in the United States before it was sold in 2002. “Now that we’re starting to see some consistent growth, it’s more important than ever to capture that momentum and take your business to the next level.”
Brannon shared the following resolutions that every business owner should make in 2013.
1. Take control. One of the best things about owning your own business is it’s yours. It’s easy to forget that during day-to-day operations. As you move into 2013, don’t just be a business owner, act like a business owner. Commit to making decisions that are best for your business.
2. Ignore the doomsday hype. Between the debt ceiling and the fiscal cliff, 2012 has been rife with panicky buzzwords. There’s no telling what doomsday scenarios will crop up in 2013. Whatever those situations are, keep your nose to the grindstone and move your eyes away from the television. Focus on the important tasks at hand and don’t seek out additional worries.
3. Do less with more. In business, the beginning is always the most challenging. Once your workplace is up and running, adding to the existing framework can actually get easier. Consider opening a second, third or even fifth location. With just a little more effort, you may be able to multiply your returns.
4. Distinguish yourself. You’ve committed to running your own business, now take it seriously and succeed. Research needs in the community that your business can fill. Talk to your clients and ask if they’re satisfied with what you’re offering. Really listen to their feedback and apply it towards building your own successful brand—one that is unique from any other.
5. Promote, promote, promote. Every business owner should be active on social media. With so many choices out there—Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.—business owners have access to a constantly expanding audience. Update your status frequently, tweet specials, blog about your business and remind people of the ways that you can help them out.
6. Give back to your community. Without the support of your community, your business truly is nothing. Give back in the best way you can, whether it’s donating products for an auction, serving on a board or simply volunteering your time. Not only is this a feel-good thing to do, it also helps make your business more visible and introduces you to people you might not otherwise meet.
7. Delegate. Running a business is no small task, and it’s important to know that you’re not alone. Make lists of areas where you excel and areas where you don’t. Then, figure out if there’s a way to hand off duties to someone else, whether it’s an employee or a subcontractor. Business owners are naturally doers, so delegating can be one of the most challenging tasks. But since it frees you up to follow your true talents, it can also be one of the most rewarding.
8. Be consistent. Whether you’re a franchise, a large business or a mom-and-pop store, your customers all want the same thing: consistency. Devise a business protocol and work to ensure that you and your employees are on the same page. Your branding, messaging, services, products and even your success depend on consistency.
9. Know your numbers. How can you strive to do better if you don’t know where you stand now? Data is the lifeblood of your business. Know it. Study it. Understand it. Set goals to improve upon it. And if this isn’t an area where you excel, find someone who does and bring him or her on board to help develop your 2013 success plan.
Tags: 2013, Blog, Branding, Business Growth, Business Owner, Consistency, Consistent, Facebook, Message, National Association for Business Economics, Pinterest, Press Release, Products, Promote, PRWEB, services, Social Media, Status, Success Plan, Successful Brand, Tweet Specials, Twitter
Are you confused by all the social media marketing lingo and terms? You are not alone! SO! What? SOcial introduces the complete glossary of social media terms for those interested in social media marketing. Master these terms and you’ll be a social media know-it-all in no time guaranteed!
New York City, New York (PRWEB) December 11, 2012
The Social Media Icon Awards is open to U.S. and international organizations that have moved the needle by way of their stellar social media efforts. There are over 70 categories to choose from and organizations are able to submit multiple entries.
PR News’ inaugural Social Media Icon Awards recognizes the most outstanding social media campaigns across all social media platforms and the creative individuals driving these stellar efforts. This awards program is open to organizations worldwide, large and small. The final entry deadline is this Friday, December 14. Winners along with honorable mentions will be recognized at an awards luncheon in spring 2013 as well as on http://www.prnewsonline.com.
For more information about the Social Media Icon Awards, visit http://www.prnewsonline.com/SocialAwards_2012.
The Social Media Icon Awards are divided into platform categories: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Instagram and others. Public relations and marketing professionals who are communicating on these platforms with proven success should enter and get recognized for their hard work. The Social Media Icon Awards also shine the spotlight on the best social media team as well as the products and services that fuel these effective campaigns. Organizations worldwide are eligible to participate and encouraged to enter multiple categories because of the discounted rate that is available after the initial entry.
The winners of the Social Media Icon Awards represent corporations, agencies and nonprofits. They are the risk takers who have taken tremendous strides and understand the important role social media contributes to an organization’s success.
To enter online, visit http://www.prnewsonline.com/SocialAwards_2012.
Winners and honorable mentions will be awarded in the following:
- Best Survey/Poll
- Corporate-Community Partnership
- Crisis Management Campaign
- Marketing Campaign
- PR campaign
- Profile Page
- Social Good Campaign
- Use of Video – moving words and pictures to activate your community
- Best Tweet Content
- Best Use of Hashtags
- Campaign to Increase Followers
- Crisis Management Campaign
- Customer Service via Twitter
- Funniest Tweets
- Growth spurt
- Marketing Campaign
- Most Engaged Followers
- PR Campaign
- Profile page
- Promoted Tweet Campaign
- Social Good Campaign
- Best Brand Presence
- Best Photo with high number of Repins/Likes
- Marketing Campaign
- Most Creative Board
- New product launch campaign
- PR Campaign
- Social Good Campaign
- Wow! Photo
- Best Company Profile Page
- Best Content on a Company Page
- Best Group
- Employee Communications
- Marketing Campaign
- Media Relations
- Most Engaged Company Page
- Most Engaged LinkedIn Group
- PR Campaign
- Recruiting Campaign
- Best Contest
- Best Photo
- Best Use of a Photo
- PR Campaign
- Best Channel
- Individual Video
- Marketing Campaign
- PR Campaign
- Viral Campaign
Google + Categories
- Branding Campaign
- Circle Growth
- Content/Thought Leadership
- Use of Hangouts
- Influencer ID Tool – this tool accelerates ability to identify true influencers in your community
- Innovative Product or Service – share with us a “wow” product that moves the social media needle
- Reputation Management Service – this product saves face
- Social Media Measurement/Analytics Tool – this tool or service boosts efficiency, tracks KPIs and improves campaign
- Best Social Media Team
And the Rest
- Best App
- Best Infographic
- Corporate Blog
- Foursquare presence
- Individual Blog
- Tumblr presence
PR News’ Social Media Icon Awards is a great opportunity for organizations to get noticed for their top social media initiatives and the individuals driving their success.
For questions regarding the Social Media Icon Awards, contact PR News Marketing Manager Laura Berdichevsky at lberdichevsky(at)accessintel(dot)com. For sponsorship and exhibit information, contact PR News Senior Vice President & Group Publisher Diane Schwartz at dschwartz(at)accessintel(dot)com.
The PR News family of products also includes the weekly PR News publication, The Digital PR Summit, Media Relations Forum and PR Measurement Conference, PR Webinars and Workshops, PR Guidebooks, Platinum PR Awards, PR People Awards, Nonprofit Awards, 15-to-Watch and more.
Tags: App, Blog, Facebook, foursquare, Infographic, Instagram, Pinterest, Platinum PR Awards, PR Guidebooks, PR News, PR News publication, PR Webinars, Social Media, Social Media Icon Awards, The Digital PR Summit, tumblr, Twitter
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) September 10, 2012
Primerica, the largest independent financial services marketing company in North America, and Hearsay Social, provider of social sales and marketing software for the enterprise, today announced that Primerica has selected Hearsay Social to power their social networking activities.
Primerica has chosen Hearsay Social to enable its full-time representatives to build relationships and share information on social networks, while maintaining compliance with relevant regulatory requirements. Hearsay Social will enable Primerica’s representatives to engage with their online network of contact via social media, while allowing the company to present a unified brand to the public.
Primerica has the largest sales force in the insurance industry with approximately 90,000 licensed representatives throughout North America.
“During the selection process, we looked at four solutions and found Hearsay Social to have the greatest marketing functionality, combined with a robust compliance platform,” said Chess Britt, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer of Primerica.
Given the scale of Primerica’s long-term vision for social, Chief Information Officer David Wade realized that Hearsay Social’s API-based architecture was the best possible choice:
“With our independent agent model, we determined very early on that the API-based solution was the only way to go. Single sign-on and the ability to integrate social data with Autonomy, LDAP, and our CRM system were also very important to us from an IT perspective.”
Primerica will be rolling out Hearsay Social to its 4,000 full-time representatives over the coming months, taking full advantage of the award-winning Hearsay Social platform for regulatory and brand protection as well as enhancing their representatives’ presence across every major social network.
“We are delighted to be selected by Primerica to enable their success across social media platforms,” said Hearsay Social CEO Clara Shih. “Primerica is an industry leader and a perfect example of how the financial services industry is leading the way in adopting social media to enhance brand recognition.”
About the Hearsay Social Platform
For enterprises with large sales organizations or store networks, Hearsay Social’s social sales and marketing software will enable your salespeople to increase revenue using social media by acquiring and continuously engaging customers on social platforms. Hearsay Social is the only software that increases revenue, referrals, and renewals by transforming the entire enterprise into a social business, including sales, marketing, compliance, and HR.
● Hearsay Social Compliance Module for FINRA/SEC compliant infraction monitoring, capturing, archiving, and Rogue Page Finder.
● Hearsay Social Sales Module for easy social media page and profile management for non-technical sales users, one-click publishing of content and campaigns provided by corporate marketing teams, and intuitive personal analytics.
● Hearsay Social Marketing Module for the sophisticated needs of social media marketing teams. Manage hundreds of corporate social media pages and review thousands of sales-managed pages. Easily manage thousands of apps and posts per day and suggest engaging content to employees, stores, or branches. Now including Content Exchange to discover, curate, and share content from content partners.
● Hearsay Social Enterprise IT Module including single sign-on (SSO), LDAP directory integration, and integration with CA Siteminder and HP Autonomy to deliver security, compliance, ease of use, and scale.
About Hearsay Social
The world’s largest companies, including AXA Equitable, Northwestern Mutual, Thrivent Financial, Farmers Group, and 24 Hour Fitness, use Hearsay Social’s award-winning technology platform to achieve regulatory compliance, build stronger customer relationships, and bolster their brand across all the major social networks, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and foursquare. Hearsay Social, a SIFMA strategic partner, has raised $21M from Sequoia Capital, NEA, and top executives from Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google, and YouTube, and is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in New York and Ohio.
Hearsay Social Blog: hearsaysocial.com/blog
Primerica, Inc., headquartered in Duluth, GA, is a leading distributor of financial products to middle-income families in North America. Primerica representatives educate their Main Street clients about how to better prepare for a more secure financial future by assessing their needs and providing appropriate solutions through term life insurance, which we underwrite, and mutual funds, annuities and other financial products, which we distribute primarily on behalf of third parties. In addition, Primerica provides an entrepreneurial full or part-time business opportunity for individuals seeking to earn income by distributing the company’s financial products. We insure more than 4.3 million lives and approximately 2 million clients maintain investment accounts with us. Primerica is a member of the Russell 2000 stock index and is traded on The New York Stock Exchange.http://www.primerica.com
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/9/prweb9883872.htm
Tags: API Based Soultion, Autonomy, Blog, CRM system, Facebook, Google+, Hearsay Social, Hearsay Social Platform, Integrated Social Data, IT perspective, LDAP, Primerica, Social Compliancre, Social Enerprise IT, Social Marketing, Social Media, Social Sales, social sales and marketing, software for the enterprise, Twitter, Youtube
- What is the History of Marketing? | SO! What? SOcial. bit.ly/Wi0YWU #Infographic #Marketing 30 minutes ago
- @LinkedIn: Into the Future of Digital Marketing | SO! What? SOcial. bit.ly/X2ncJ0 #DigitalMarketing #NewMedia 30 minutes ago
- SEO Top Trumps: Know the Industry. Know Who To Follow | SO! What? SOcial. bit.ly/VpkbIr #SEO #SEM 1 hour ago
- @Pinterest ‘News’ Feature | SO! What? SOcial. bit.ly/TEa3eg #SMM #DigitalMedia 1 hour ago
- Thanks for the #mention! Have a great #weekend @pascalclaeys @Atech_Speaks @karandawala 2 hours ago
- RT @pascalclaeys: The Pascal Claeys Daily is out! paper.li/pascalclaeys/1… ▸ Top stories today via @Atech_Speaks @karandawala @SOWhatSOcial_ 2 hours ago
- Testing SOcial Signals | SO! What? SOcial. bit.ly/V8WHUi #SEO #SEM 13 hours ago
- @CGZatSoMazi You too! Happy #FF! 13 hours ago
- What is Content Marketing? bit.ly/VnxtFl #ContentMarketing #SOWhatSOcial 13 hours ago
- Effective Marketing: Press Release Distribution is Key to SEO Success | SO! What? SOcial. bit.ly/10QRtll #SEO #PressRelease 14 hours ago
Connect with US!
SO! What? Calender
SO! What? SOcial Blogroll
- Increase Shares, Tweets, Likes, and Pins to Fuel Search and Drive Engagement May 22, 2013
- When To Post On SOcial Media Networks? May 20, 2013
- Maximizing Return From Your Facebook Investment May 14, 2013
- How Do Men and Women Use SOcial Media Differently? May 13, 2013
- Effective “Big Data” Management = Successful Online Marketing May 8, 2013
- Why a SOcial CEO? May 7, 2013
- Are Your SOcial Media Analytics Working for You? May 6, 2013
- Facebook: Best Days to Post, Segmented By Industry May 5, 2013
- Did You Know 70% of Pinterest Engagement is Community Driven? May 2, 2013
- The New Heart of Marketing: Service May 1, 2013
- How to Increase Your Twitter Following? April 30, 2013
- 12 New Personality Types in SOcial Media April 24, 2013
- SOcial Media & Corporate Strategy: Changing Roadmaps and New Landscapes April 23, 2013
- Should You Use Twitter? This Flowchart Has The Answer! April 20, 2013
- Which Demographics Use SOcial Media? April 15, 2013
- How to Optimize Your SOcial Channels for Lead Generation April 10, 2013
- SO! What? SOcial Hits 3000 Likes on Facebook April 9, 2013
- How #Hashtags Work? April 9, 2013
- 10 Useless Things to Cut From Your Marketing April 8, 2013
- Are You The SOcial Media You Use? April 6, 2013
- Multi-Channel Marketing Best Practices with PRNewswire April 5, 2013
- ‘Old School’ SEO And The 5 New Rules To Follow April 4, 2013
- 5 Tips on Creating Great SOcial Media Channels April 2, 2013
- Inspirational Tuesday April 2, 2013
- The 4 C’s of SOcial Media April 1, 2013
- Five Steps to a Successful LinkedIn Company Page March 30, 2013
- R.I.P Steve Jobs March 27, 2013
- Infographics, Images, and the Value of Impressions: Why are Visual Features Vital to Social Marketing? March 26, 2013
- Rocking SOcial Media: Work Smarter, Not Harder March 25, 2013
- 50 Tried and True Social Insights From Real Marketers March 24, 2013
- SOcial Media Marketing World #SMMW13 March 23, 2013
- The Anatomy of Content Marketing: Infographic March 19, 2013
- Free Template: The Social Media Publishing Schedule March 18, 2013
- Happy St. Patrick’s Day! March 17, 2013
- Is SOcial Media Bad For Your Phone? March 16, 2013
- SOcial Media Networks 2013 March 14, 2013
- Marketing Metrics & Analytics Guide March 13, 2013
- Webinar: How to Use Pinterest for Your Business March 12, 2013
- Tweet Cheat Sheet: How to Increase Your Engagement March 11, 2013
- Spring Forward 2013 March 9, 2013
- How to Attract Customers with Twitter & Vine March 8, 2013
- The Women of SOcial Media March 7, 2013
- The Art of SOcial Selling March 4, 2013
- Dress for Success Vancouver March 3, 2013
- Happy Weekend! March 2, 2013
- SOcial MEowDia Explained February 28, 2013
- The Tweets From The Top February 27, 2013
- SO! What? SOcial Hits 2000 Likes on Facebook February 27, 2013
- Attack of the Customers February 26, 2013
SO! What? SOcial Top Posts & Pages
SO! What? SOcial Tags
SO! What? SOcial Category Cloud
SO! What? SOcial Posts I Like
SO! What? Feature Posts
On March 7th, 2013, Dress for Success Vancouver will host IMPACT: An Event for Change, the organization’s annual major fundraising event. Once again, this year’s event will take place at the prestigious Rosewood Hotel Georgia. The evening presents a mix of philanthropy and entertainment – guests have the chance to win special door prizes, bid on exciting […]
B2B Marketing B2B Social Media BC Chapter of the American Marketing Association BCBusiness BrandYou Branding Professionals Brandixit | The Next Generation Branding Community BtoB Marketing Canadian Social Media Professionals [#CSMP] Content Strategy Digital Marketing Digital Media Group E-Commerce Network Ecommerce and Online Marketing Experts Enterprise Social 2.0 Future Trends Google Analytics Innovations in Social Media […]
Awards Gala & Networking Event! Join us on November 28, 2012 at this exciting awards evening as we reveal the Best Companies to Work for in BC 2012 winners. Network with 500+ business professionals and celebrate with the finalists and winners. Plus, hear John Herdman, head coach of the Canadian Olympic women’s soccer team speak on […]
City of Vancouver Completes Three-Year, $3-Million Overhaul of Website. Read: http://ow.ly/cRESY #Vancouver
SO! What? SOcial Top Rated
SO! What? Categories
SO! What? SOcial Top Clicks
SO! What? SOcial
SOcial Media is here to stay. It is today’s new word of mouth engine that drives customer awareness and decision making ability. Be involved in the conversation. Our expert team of SOcial media professionals at SO! What? SOcial Media provide total SOcial media solutions that meet your needs and generate a positive return on your investment.
SO! What? SOcial is a SOcial media marketing agency that specializes in search and SOcial media to connect and engage with your target market. A full service firm that helps connect with target markets develop healthy relationships and build engaging communities.
SO! What? We help companies’ better start, understand, leverage and join in relevant conversations happening all over the World Wide Web. Why? Because in doing so, we improve our client’s business and brand results.
✓SOcial Media Marketing
✓Marketing Strategy and Roadmap
✓SOcial Media Measurement
✓Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
✓SOcial Media Marketing Platform Integration
✓Digital and SOcial Media Advertising
✓Community Building& Community Management
✓SOcial Media Advertising
✓Online Contest and Sweepstakes
✓Fast Tracking SOcial Media Growth
✓Local Search Marketing
✓SOcial Media Monitoring and Analytics
✓Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
✓Pay Per Click Management
✓Custom SOcial Media Profile Development
✓ Website Digital Design and Build
SO! What? A SOcial Media Company. Engage. Connect. SOcialize
Located in Vancouver, British Columbia.
More information? Contact us: email@example.com
- Increase Shares, Tweets, Likes, and Pins to Fuel Search and Drive EngagementSpeaker: Ben Straley, VP of Social Technologies, Rio SEO Date: May 30, 2013 1:00 EDT (10:00PDT) Social signals including shares, Likes, Tweets, and Pins are changing where, when, and how people search. Up to 70% of the visitors to any campaign site come from Social Sharing. Social visitors that originate from sharing – convert up […]
- When To Post On SOcial Media Networks?What are the best and worst times to post on social media? Finding the best time to post on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn Google+, Pinterest to increase your engagement, click throughs, likes, shares, retweets, and repins is today’s social media holy grail. This infographic created by Social Caffeine goes into how you can maximize the reach […]
- Maximizing Return From Your Facebook InvestmentSpeaker: Rebecca Momberg, Director, Client Solutions and Strategy, Marin Software Thursday, May 16, 2013- 1:00 PM EDT Register to Learn: How to craft a Facebook campaign strategy for your business objectives Best practices for audience targeting, creative design, creative placement and user experience How to see the full picture of your Facebook performance […]
- How Do Men and Women Use SOcial Media Differently?Did you know that male and female behaviour is very different when it comes to social media? How is it different? On Facebook 62 percent of women do the bulk of sharing while YouTube os where men spend most of their time. 70 percent of Pinterest users are women and also dominate Twitter at 62 percent. […]
- Effective “Big Data” Management = Successful Online MarketingSpeaker: Shaun Siler, Senior Sales Manager, Searchmetrics Tuesday, May 14, 2013- 1:00 PM EDT Do you feel like the management of your vast amounts of data has gotten out of hand? Multiple data sets from disparate sources are what is now called “Big Data.” Search rankings, site visits, and click-data, when assimilated in an organized […]
- Why a SOcial CEO?Did you know that only one in five CEO’s have a social network account? This inforaphic created by MBA Online goes into detail about how this could have a negative impact on business. What do you think about this? Should all CEOs get SOcial? Leave your thoughts in the comments section below. Like SO! What? SOcial […]
- Are Your SOcial Media Analytics Working for You?An exclusive, live webinar from Social Media Today May 8th at 3pm EST / 12pm PST Sponsored by You’re now generating mountains of data with your social media efforts and your team has been producing actionable reports. But are your analytics tools properly analyzing all the data you need to? Are you confident in the […]
- Facebook: Best Days to Post, Segmented By IndustryAre you curious about what the best day to post on Facebook is? This all depends on your industry as each industry is different. The infographic below created by LinchpinSEO goes into detail about what the best days to post as it relates to each primary industry type including: Advertising & Consulting, Automotive, Clothing & Fashion, […]
- Did You Know 70% of Pinterest Engagement is Community Driven?Did you know that 70 percent of brand engagement on Pinterest is generated by the pinning community vs brands? This infographic by Digitas below takes a look at how users are driving the conversation on Pinterest and how brands can take advantage of this and amp up on audience engagement. “Brands need to go forth […]
- The New Heart of Marketing: ServiceAn exclusive, live webinar from Social Media Today May 2nd at 1pm EST / 10am PST There was a time when marketing was all about selling and pushing out the company line. But with the rise of social media, marketers have replaced old models of company-customer communication with vital new models, based on conversation, interaction […]
SO! What? SOcial
- About Us
- 2012 Events
- 2012 Webinar
- 3 Steps to Massive Traffic from YouTube
- Accelerate SMB Growth in 2013
- Best B2B Social Practices
- Debunking Mobile Research Myths
- Facebook Marketing Secrets
- Harnessing the Power of Online Networks
- How to Build Links, Get Rankings
- How to Grow Your LinkedIn Group
- Is Social Still Cool?
- LinkedIn and your Brand
- Marketing Goes Mobile – and Local
- Marketing on Social Networks
- Marketing with SlideShare
- Multi Content Funnel Marketing
- SEO and Internet Marketing in 2012
- Social Media and Marketing
- Social Media Monitoring #MSM12
- 2013 Events
- 2013 Webinar
- SOcial Media
- SOcial Media Campaign
- SOcial Networking
- Content Creation
- SOcial Media
- SOcial News
- SOcial Media