Top 10 Social Media Sites That Failed infographic was created by mylife.com. I found this list of the top 10 failed social media sites is interesting because it lists the potential reasons WHY each site may have failed.
I was surprised that Google+ was on this list as I didn’t realize it was a failure… yet. There was a time when Digg would have been considered at the top of successful social media sites but by outsourcing community messaging they definitely sunk the ship too soon. With too much time spend on developing advertising on Myspace they let their competitors like Facebook take over their market share by having a better social platform that appealed to a larger audience. I’m still hoping that Myspace can bring it back with their new and improved version.
A UK travel company called FHR created a survey to better comprehend the world of travel blogging by asking a range of influential travel bloggers to fill out a survey in 2012. This infographic ‘The State of Travel Blogging 2013′ is designed by No Pork Pies based on the results of the survey. Does this infographic surprise you? What is your feedback on the result?
Modern B2B Marketing
The top 10 most effective best practices include:
- Layouts and Templates: Build simple HTML templates that focus on a single call to action, such as a download or demo.
- Graphics: Include a logo or a hero shot and make them clickable.
- Content: Make it straight and to the point, but give your prospect a reason to give you their information.
- Bullet Points: Bullet points are easy to read. Most people who visit your landing page will read the headline, bullet points and a bio, if available.
- Call to Action: A form is the best way to go here, but don’t ask for too much information.
- White Papers, Registrations, etc: Email the white paper to the prospect. It ensures that you get a valid email address.
- Confirmation/Thank You Pages: Do you have something else they might be interested in? Make another offer.
- Page URLs: The name of the page is weighed heavily. Use dashes between words not underscores to improve search rankings.
- Meta Data: This is still important. Search engines weigh meta data heavily in results lists.
- Test, but don’t over-test: Testing removes any debate about what works and what doesn’t.
Learn more. Download Building Effective Landing Pages today.
What is Advertising?
Brentwood, TN (PRWEB) September 15, 2012
Brentwood, Tennessee entrepreneur Drew Bourke has just received confirmation that retail giant Walmart will soon distribute his company’s patented Super Rope Cinch knot-tying device. Mr. Bourke’s company Just Right Products LLC, creators of the USA-made Super Rope Cinch, sat down for a second meeting with Walmart buyers on Wednesday September 12, 2012 at Walmart’s Bentonville, Arkansas headquarters. According to Mr. Bourke, Walmart’s decision to distribute their product came immediately following the demonstration of the Super Rope Cinch’s in-depth online presence, created using highly-distributed press releases, and a carefully planned social media campaign.
Andrew Bourke is no stranger to using the Internet to promote other people’s products and services. His PR and advertising company Avidea LLC, has been providing online press and social media campaigns for small businesses since 2005. In July of 2011, he began using his online press release and social media skills to help promote his own product, the Super Rope Cinch. The Super Rope Cinch rope-securing device is manufactured in the USA by Just Right Products LLC, a company Andrew Bourke co-owns with brother and inventor of the device, Timothy Bourke.
In late 2007, Andrew Bourke’s brother Timothy presented Andrew with the idea to create a device that would eliminate the need to tie and untie knots. This was the birth of the now patented, Super Rope Cinch knot-tying product. In 2008, Timothy Bourke, who was then living in near Detroit Michigan, hired a local automotive plastic-injection molding company to help design and produce the device. Not much happened with the device until July 2010, when Timothy Bourke signed an agreement with Kevin Harrington’s TV Goods infomercial company. Unfortunately, the relationship with TV Goods did not prove productive. In October 2010, Timothy Bourke partnered with brother Andrew Bourke and began the process of manufacturing, distribution and advertizing of the product.
In May of 2011, Just Right Products LLC hired a national retail sales representative. In July 2011, Andrew Bourke hired his own company, Avidea PR, to begin a social media campaign along with writing and publishing online press releases for their unique product. By end of 2011, the Super Rope Cinch had gained distribution from two of the largest hardware distributors in the USA, and had also won the Members’ Choice award by hardware distribution giant, Do it Best.
In February 2012, The Bourke Brother’s began marketing the Super Rope Cinch to the Boy Scouts of America, promoting the product as a fundraising tool for both the Boy Scouts and Sea Scouts. Scouts, who are known for working with rope and always being prepared, have since begun selling the Super Rope Cinch to raise money.
Using social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter, along with a website, WordPress blog and several highly-distributed press releases, the Super Rope Cinch gained traction and popularity, which eventually led to major hardware and boating distribution channels, and now, Walmart.
“If you had told me even five years ago that the use of social media and online press releases would assist a boating and hardware device in obtaining national distribution, I doubt I would have believed you. Now, I can’t imagine how any product or service can be without social media and online press. Walmart’s response to seeing the thousands of news and media websites that had re-published our press releases was simply priceless. My company, Avidea PR, has learned more about marketing on this one product, than in all other marketing efforts combined. What we know now can literally put a company in the national spotlight, in front of millions of people, in just a matter of months. I would encourage everyone with a product or service that they must use both social media and highly-distributed press releases to raise awareness and create posture. Consumers now expect an abundance of timely and relevant information. If that information is lacking in any way, consumers simply look elsewhere. In some ways, online presence may be more important than all other forms of advertizing due to it’s immediate accessibility.” according to Drew Bourke, vice president of Just Right Products LLC.
SOcial Marketer Cheet Sheet
- Increase Shares, Tweets, Likes, and Pins to Fuel Search and Drive Engagement bit.ly/13PJcuh #SOcialSharing #Engagement 8 hours ago
- @CGZatSoMazi Thanks for the #retweet! Happy #Friday :D 8 hours ago
- The State of Travel Blogging 2013 | SO! What? SOcial. bit.ly/10LFCVx #ContentMarketing #Blogging 8 hours ago
- @21stCenturySMM Great to hear that! Love your stuff too! What are your plans for the #weekend? #FF #SOWhatSOcial 8 hours ago
- RT @21stCenturySMM: @SOWhatSOcial_ Very welcome! You are one of my faves! #FF @SoWhatSOcial_ 8 hours ago
- “Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph... fb.me/1jEpKQphj 8 hours ago
- What is ROI= Return on Infographics | SO! What? SOcial. bit.ly/TjHbbd #ROI #Infographics 8 hours ago
- Content Rules Book Review | SO! What? SOcial. bit.ly/TjswN3 #ContentMarketing #SOWhatSOcial 8 hours ago
- Did you know that up to 70% of the visitors to any campaign site come from social sharing? fb.me/Jdg4e23k 9 hours ago
- The Secrets Of Beauty Revealed By The Internet | SO! What? SOcial. bit.ly/WerXml #Internet #Infographic 17 hours ago
Connect with US!
SO! What? Calender
SO! What? SOcial Blogroll
- Increase Shares, Tweets, Likes, and Pins to Fuel Search and Drive Engagement May 22, 2013
- When To Post On SOcial Media Networks? May 20, 2013
- Maximizing Return From Your Facebook Investment May 14, 2013
- How Do Men and Women Use SOcial Media Differently? May 13, 2013
- Effective “Big Data” Management = Successful Online Marketing May 8, 2013
- Why a SOcial CEO? May 7, 2013
- Are Your SOcial Media Analytics Working for You? May 6, 2013
- Facebook: Best Days to Post, Segmented By Industry May 5, 2013
- Did You Know 70% of Pinterest Engagement is Community Driven? May 2, 2013
- The New Heart of Marketing: Service May 1, 2013
- How to Increase Your Twitter Following? April 30, 2013
- 12 New Personality Types in SOcial Media April 24, 2013
- SOcial Media & Corporate Strategy: Changing Roadmaps and New Landscapes April 23, 2013
- Should You Use Twitter? This Flowchart Has The Answer! April 20, 2013
- Which Demographics Use SOcial Media? April 15, 2013
- How to Optimize Your SOcial Channels for Lead Generation April 10, 2013
- SO! What? SOcial Hits 3000 Likes on Facebook April 9, 2013
- How #Hashtags Work? April 9, 2013
- 10 Useless Things to Cut From Your Marketing April 8, 2013
- Are You The SOcial Media You Use? April 6, 2013
- Multi-Channel Marketing Best Practices with PRNewswire April 5, 2013
- ‘Old School’ SEO And The 5 New Rules To Follow April 4, 2013
- 5 Tips on Creating Great SOcial Media Channels April 2, 2013
- Inspirational Tuesday April 2, 2013
- The 4 C’s of SOcial Media April 1, 2013
- Five Steps to a Successful LinkedIn Company Page March 30, 2013
- R.I.P Steve Jobs March 27, 2013
- Infographics, Images, and the Value of Impressions: Why are Visual Features Vital to Social Marketing? March 26, 2013
- Rocking SOcial Media: Work Smarter, Not Harder March 25, 2013
- 50 Tried and True Social Insights From Real Marketers March 24, 2013
- SOcial Media Marketing World #SMMW13 March 23, 2013
- The Anatomy of Content Marketing: Infographic March 19, 2013
- Free Template: The Social Media Publishing Schedule March 18, 2013
- Happy St. Patrick’s Day! March 17, 2013
- Is SOcial Media Bad For Your Phone? March 16, 2013
- SOcial Media Networks 2013 March 14, 2013
- Marketing Metrics & Analytics Guide March 13, 2013
- Webinar: How to Use Pinterest for Your Business March 12, 2013
- Tweet Cheat Sheet: How to Increase Your Engagement March 11, 2013
- Spring Forward 2013 March 9, 2013
- How to Attract Customers with Twitter & Vine March 8, 2013
- The Women of SOcial Media March 7, 2013
- The Art of SOcial Selling March 4, 2013
- Dress for Success Vancouver March 3, 2013
- Happy Weekend! March 2, 2013
- SOcial MEowDia Explained February 28, 2013
- The Tweets From The Top February 27, 2013
- SO! What? SOcial Hits 2000 Likes on Facebook February 27, 2013
- Attack of the Customers February 26, 2013
SO! What? SOcial Top Posts & Pages
SO! What? SOcial Tags
SO! What? SOcial Category Cloud
SO! What? SOcial Posts I Like
SO! What? Feature Posts
On March 7th, 2013, Dress for Success Vancouver will host IMPACT: An Event for Change, the organization’s annual major fundraising event. Once again, this year’s event will take place at the prestigious Rosewood Hotel Georgia. The evening presents a mix of philanthropy and entertainment – guests have the chance to win special door prizes, bid on exciting […]
B2B Marketing B2B Social Media BC Chapter of the American Marketing Association BCBusiness BrandYou Branding Professionals Brandixit | The Next Generation Branding Community BtoB Marketing Canadian Social Media Professionals [#CSMP] Content Strategy Digital Marketing Digital Media Group E-Commerce Network Ecommerce and Online Marketing Experts Enterprise Social 2.0 Future Trends Google Analytics Innovations in Social Media […]
Awards Gala & Networking Event! Join us on November 28, 2012 at this exciting awards evening as we reveal the Best Companies to Work for in BC 2012 winners. Network with 500+ business professionals and celebrate with the finalists and winners. Plus, hear John Herdman, head coach of the Canadian Olympic women’s soccer team speak on […]
City of Vancouver Completes Three-Year, $3-Million Overhaul of Website. Read: http://ow.ly/cRESY #Vancouver
SO! What? SOcial Top Rated
SO! What? Categories
SO! What? SOcial Top Clicks
SO! What? SOcial
SOcial Media is here to stay. It is today’s new word of mouth engine that drives customer awareness and decision making ability. Be involved in the conversation. Our expert team of SOcial media professionals at SO! What? SOcial Media provide total SOcial media solutions that meet your needs and generate a positive return on your investment.
SO! What? SOcial is a SOcial media marketing agency that specializes in search and SOcial media to connect and engage with your target market. A full service firm that helps connect with target markets develop healthy relationships and build engaging communities.
SO! What? We help companies’ better start, understand, leverage and join in relevant conversations happening all over the World Wide Web. Why? Because in doing so, we improve our client’s business and brand results.
✓SOcial Media Marketing
✓Marketing Strategy and Roadmap
✓SOcial Media Measurement
✓Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
✓SOcial Media Marketing Platform Integration
✓Digital and SOcial Media Advertising
✓Community Building& Community Management
✓SOcial Media Advertising
✓Online Contest and Sweepstakes
✓Fast Tracking SOcial Media Growth
✓Local Search Marketing
✓SOcial Media Monitoring and Analytics
✓Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
✓Pay Per Click Management
✓Custom SOcial Media Profile Development
✓ Website Digital Design and Build
SO! What? A SOcial Media Company. Engage. Connect. SOcialize
Located in Vancouver, British Columbia.
More information? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Increase Shares, Tweets, Likes, and Pins to Fuel Search and Drive EngagementSpeaker: Ben Straley, VP of Social Technologies, Rio SEO Date: May 30, 2013 1:00 EDT (10:00PDT) Social signals including shares, Likes, Tweets, and Pins are changing where, when, and how people search. Up to 70% of the visitors to any campaign site come from Social Sharing. Social visitors that originate from sharing – convert up […]
- When To Post On SOcial Media Networks?What are the best and worst times to post on social media? Finding the best time to post on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn Google+, Pinterest to increase your engagement, click throughs, likes, shares, retweets, and repins is today’s social media holy grail. This infographic created by Social Caffeine goes into how you can maximize the reach […]
- Maximizing Return From Your Facebook InvestmentSpeaker: Rebecca Momberg, Director, Client Solutions and Strategy, Marin Software Thursday, May 16, 2013- 1:00 PM EDT Register to Learn: How to craft a Facebook campaign strategy for your business objectives Best practices for audience targeting, creative design, creative placement and user experience How to see the full picture of your Facebook performance […]
- How Do Men and Women Use SOcial Media Differently?Did you know that male and female behaviour is very different when it comes to social media? How is it different? On Facebook 62 percent of women do the bulk of sharing while YouTube os where men spend most of their time. 70 percent of Pinterest users are women and also dominate Twitter at 62 percent. […]
- Effective “Big Data” Management = Successful Online MarketingSpeaker: Shaun Siler, Senior Sales Manager, Searchmetrics Tuesday, May 14, 2013- 1:00 PM EDT Do you feel like the management of your vast amounts of data has gotten out of hand? Multiple data sets from disparate sources are what is now called “Big Data.” Search rankings, site visits, and click-data, when assimilated in an organized […]
- Why a SOcial CEO?Did you know that only one in five CEO’s have a social network account? This inforaphic created by MBA Online goes into detail about how this could have a negative impact on business. What do you think about this? Should all CEOs get SOcial? Leave your thoughts in the comments section below. Like SO! What? SOcial […]
- Are Your SOcial Media Analytics Working for You?An exclusive, live webinar from Social Media Today May 8th at 3pm EST / 12pm PST Sponsored by You’re now generating mountains of data with your social media efforts and your team has been producing actionable reports. But are your analytics tools properly analyzing all the data you need to? Are you confident in the […]
- Facebook: Best Days to Post, Segmented By IndustryAre you curious about what the best day to post on Facebook is? This all depends on your industry as each industry is different. The infographic below created by LinchpinSEO goes into detail about what the best days to post as it relates to each primary industry type including: Advertising & Consulting, Automotive, Clothing & Fashion, […]
- Did You Know 70% of Pinterest Engagement is Community Driven?Did you know that 70 percent of brand engagement on Pinterest is generated by the pinning community vs brands? This infographic by Digitas below takes a look at how users are driving the conversation on Pinterest and how brands can take advantage of this and amp up on audience engagement. “Brands need to go forth […]
- The New Heart of Marketing: ServiceAn exclusive, live webinar from Social Media Today May 2nd at 1pm EST / 10am PST There was a time when marketing was all about selling and pushing out the company line. But with the rise of social media, marketers have replaced old models of company-customer communication with vital new models, based on conversation, interaction […]
SO! What? SOcial
- About Us
- 2012 Events
- 2012 Webinar
- 3 Steps to Massive Traffic from YouTube
- Accelerate SMB Growth in 2013
- Best B2B Social Practices
- Debunking Mobile Research Myths
- Facebook Marketing Secrets
- Harnessing the Power of Online Networks
- How to Build Links, Get Rankings
- How to Grow Your LinkedIn Group
- Is Social Still Cool?
- LinkedIn and your Brand
- Marketing Goes Mobile – and Local
- Marketing on Social Networks
- Marketing with SlideShare
- Multi Content Funnel Marketing
- SEO and Internet Marketing in 2012
- Social Media and Marketing
- Social Media Monitoring #MSM12
- 2013 Events
- 2013 Webinar
- SOcial Media
- SOcial Media Campaign
- SOcial Networking
- Content Creation
- SOcial Media
- SOcial News
- SOcial Media