Happy St. Patrick’s Day to you all! Enjoy the day!
It’s that time of year again when the sun rises earlier, the days start getting longer and the flowers bloom everywhere. This Sunday March 10th is when Daylight Saving Time starts. Happy Spring!
With 2013 here, SO! What? SOcial has compiled a list of predictions for 2013. In 2012 we saw rapid developments with social media and we predict there will be much more where that came from this year.
Located in Vancouver, British Columbia.
More information? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deerfield, IL (PRWEB) January 14, 2013
Matt About Business is proud to announce the winners of the first annual “Web Content Creation Tools – Top Picks” award. The award recognizes the best solutions available for creating different types of web content.
“The irony of content marketing is that the key element, web content creation, is the greatest obstacle to success,” explains Matt Mansfield, President of Matt About Business. “Aside from the “stage fright” many folks feel when thinking about others reading their posts, listening to their podcasts or watching their videos, it’s easy to get overwhelmed when choosing the tools to use for creating web content.”
To combat this obstacle and make effective content marketing more accessible to all, Mansfield decided to create the annual “Web Content Creation Tools – Top Picks” award. Winners of the award are selected based on the features, functionality and ease-of-use of their content marketing creation solution.
“How do you know that these are the best content creation tools?” asks Mansfield. “Because after trying many similar solutions, these are the tools I use to create content for my own sites.”
The “Web Content Creation Tools – Top Picks” awards are given in eight categories, each one focusing on a different type of web content. The winners for each category in 2013 are:
Category: Websites and Blogs
Category: Downloadable Documents
Winner: Adobe Acrobat
Category: Social Media Updates
Category: E-Mail Marketing
Category: Online Courses
For more information on why each winner was selected, and for a list of runner-ups in each category, visit: http://www.mattaboutbusiness.com/web-content-creation-tools-top-picks-for-2013/
Matt Mansfield is a recognized expert in designing and implementing web content and e-mail marketing strategies that consistently drive targeted website traffic and increase sales.
Matt also creates powerful content to be used in online and e-mail marketing campaigns.
What if you had a glimpse into the future? What would you change today to plan for tomorrow? In reality, the future can be predicted and the best marketers already have their destination mapped out.
In 2012, the world of marketing underwent major changes. We saw the rise of Pinterest, several IPOs and acquisitions, an aggressive political ad war, Facebook’s 1 billionth user, and watched one Korean artist turn into a global phenomenon thanks to YouTube.
But what’s in store for 2013? Let our new guide serve as your navigation system into the world of marketing in 2013.
Now then, let’s gaze into the marketing crystal ball, and uncover what marketing will look like in 2013.
In addition, you’ll read predictions from industry leaders such as:
- Rand Fishkin, SEOmoz founder and CEO
- Brian Halligan, HubSpot co-founder and CEO
- David Meerman Scott, Best-Selling Author
- Greg Alexander, Sales Benchmark Index CEO
- Nick Johnson, Useful Social Media founder
Download Marketing Trends & Predictions 2013 & Beyond Now!
Ringing in a SOcial Network New Year 2013!
El Paso, Texas (PRWEB) January 04, 2013
DATAMARK Inc., a leading business process outsourcing firm headquartered in El Paso, Texas, has named its Top 10 Business Process Outsourcing Trends for 2013.
The evolution of mobile computing and social media continue to be major drivers behind the changing face of business process outsourcing and business process management. Other tech trends that will affect the industry over the next year include The Internet of Things and the collection and analysis of Big Data, which will be used to improve business processes.
Also, the geographic advantages of locating outsourced business processes in the U.S. means domestic outsourcing will repeat as a top trend for 2013.
Below are 5 of DATAMARK’s top BPO trends, in no particular order:
1. The opening of private app stores.
As workers connect through tablets and smartphones, enterprises will distribute custom and off-the-shelf apps through private app stores. BPO/ITOs will do the same, inviting clients to visit their private stores for apps that monitor business processes and collect useful data. Easier said than done, however. 2013 will be the year where IT departments begin to figure out hassle-free ways to distribute apps to clients, contractors and authorized partners.
2. Contact centers stay social 24/7/365.
A recent study by LinchpinSEO found that customers like to engage with their banks on social media on Sundays, a day when brick-and-mortar financial services are typically closed. Customer relationship managers will have to break away from this “closed for business” mindset and post in social media networks every day of the week, every time of day. Competitive BPOs will leverage global centers and customer-contact reps with multiple language skills to deliver 24/7/365 customer service via Facebook, Twitter and other channels, bringing some to clients some “weekend peace of mind.”
3. Gamification goes social.
As we mentioned last year, gamification—using game concepts to drive courses of action—will liven up boring, repetitive business processes, as well as deliver incentives for improvement. Good enough, but in 2013, gamification will stake a place on social networks. BPO workers will post their progress, improvements and rewards on internal social media channels, adding more fuel to the competitive fire across the organization.
4. Domestic outsourcing moves beyond anecdotes.
Whether it’s domestic outsourcing, insourcing, onshoring, ruralshoring or whatever term suits your fancy, some solid data on the trend will emerge in 2013. Outsourcing business processes in the U.S. (and nearshore to Mexico and Canada) will be an attractive option as growing wages in traditional outsourcing locales such as India and China make the U.S. more competitive destination. Organizations will recognize the many benefits of being geographically close to target markets.
5. BPO makes a run for the border.
Mexico will continue to be an attractive business process outsourcing destination over the coming year. This is in part because of the advantages delivered by geographic proximity, but also because the Mexico of 2013 is much different from the Mexico of 1994. Statistics from the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) show Mexico is steadily improving in many rankings, including labor productivity growth, infrastructure spending, post-secondary education enrollment and broadband access. The headline-making cartel war, while still a concern, has spared multinational business activity.
For the full article, read “10 Business Process Outsourcing Trends to Watch in 2013.”
DATAMARK, Inc. is a leading business process outsourcing company specializing in high-volume digital mailroom management, document processing and document management services for Fortune 500 firms and other large organizations. Headquartered in El Paso, Texas, DATAMARK employs nearly 2,200 people in its U.S., Mexico and India facilities. For more information, visit http://www.DATAMARK.net
Tags: 2013, Big Data, BPO Trends, Business Process Management, Facebook, Mobile Computing, Outsourcing, Outsourcing Trends, Press Release, PRWEB, Social Media, Social Media Networks, Tech Trends, Technology, Twitter
Happy New Year from the SO! What SOcial team!
SO! What? A SOcial Media Company. Engage. Connect. SOcialize
Located in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Wade Brannon, owner of the Pigtails & Crewcuts franchise
Roswell, Georgia (PRWEB) December 30, 2012
According to the experts, business growth will continue in 2013. A report from the National Association for Business Economics predicts the economy will expand by 2.1 percent in 2013, compared to 2.2 percent in 2012. When it comes to franchise businesses, a similar scenario is taking shape, with a 1.4 percent growth projected, compared to a 1.5 percent increase in 2012, according to the International Franchise Association. Franchises, which account for 3.4 percent of the GDP, are expected to add 162,000 jobs to the economy before 2014.
Any growth is good, according to Wade Brannon, president and owner of the children’s hair salon franchise Pigtails & Crewcuts, based in Atlanta, Georgia, which has more than 30 locations across the country. But Brannon warns business owners that as the economy continues to improve, the hard work has just begun. “It appears we’ve weathered the worst of the storm, and for most of us business owners it’s been a humbling experience,” says Brannon, who formerly served as the senior vice president of Heavenly Ham, which he helped grow to more than 200 locations in the United States before it was sold in 2002. “Now that we’re starting to see some consistent growth, it’s more important than ever to capture that momentum and take your business to the next level.”
Brannon shared the following resolutions that every business owner should make in 2013.
1. Take control. One of the best things about owning your own business is it’s yours. It’s easy to forget that during day-to-day operations. As you move into 2013, don’t just be a business owner, act like a business owner. Commit to making decisions that are best for your business.
2. Ignore the doomsday hype. Between the debt ceiling and the fiscal cliff, 2012 has been rife with panicky buzzwords. There’s no telling what doomsday scenarios will crop up in 2013. Whatever those situations are, keep your nose to the grindstone and move your eyes away from the television. Focus on the important tasks at hand and don’t seek out additional worries.
3. Do less with more. In business, the beginning is always the most challenging. Once your workplace is up and running, adding to the existing framework can actually get easier. Consider opening a second, third or even fifth location. With just a little more effort, you may be able to multiply your returns.
4. Distinguish yourself. You’ve committed to running your own business, now take it seriously and succeed. Research needs in the community that your business can fill. Talk to your clients and ask if they’re satisfied with what you’re offering. Really listen to their feedback and apply it towards building your own successful brand—one that is unique from any other.
5. Promote, promote, promote. Every business owner should be active on social media. With so many choices out there—Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.—business owners have access to a constantly expanding audience. Update your status frequently, tweet specials, blog about your business and remind people of the ways that you can help them out.
6. Give back to your community. Without the support of your community, your business truly is nothing. Give back in the best way you can, whether it’s donating products for an auction, serving on a board or simply volunteering your time. Not only is this a feel-good thing to do, it also helps make your business more visible and introduces you to people you might not otherwise meet.
7. Delegate. Running a business is no small task, and it’s important to know that you’re not alone. Make lists of areas where you excel and areas where you don’t. Then, figure out if there’s a way to hand off duties to someone else, whether it’s an employee or a subcontractor. Business owners are naturally doers, so delegating can be one of the most challenging tasks. But since it frees you up to follow your true talents, it can also be one of the most rewarding.
8. Be consistent. Whether you’re a franchise, a large business or a mom-and-pop store, your customers all want the same thing: consistency. Devise a business protocol and work to ensure that you and your employees are on the same page. Your branding, messaging, services, products and even your success depend on consistency.
9. Know your numbers. How can you strive to do better if you don’t know where you stand now? Data is the lifeblood of your business. Know it. Study it. Understand it. Set goals to improve upon it. And if this isn’t an area where you excel, find someone who does and bring him or her on board to help develop your 2013 success plan.
Tags: 2013, Blog, Branding, Business Growth, Business Owner, Consistency, Consistent, Facebook, Message, National Association for Business Economics, Pinterest, Press Release, Products, Promote, PRWEB, services, Social Media, Status, Success Plan, Successful Brand, Tweet Specials, Twitter
- SOcial Media Analysis Men VS Women | SO! What? SOcial bit.ly/13GlBiQ #SMM #SOWhatSOcial 10 minutes ago
- SOcial Networking in #Canada | SO! What? SOcial. bit.ly/Xgmvwd #SMM 1 hour ago
- @social_pipeline Thanks for the #follow! Hope your having a #SOcial week :) 1 hour ago
- Search Engine Wars | SO! What? SOcial. bit.ly/XFMbEv @Google VS @Bing #SEO 1 hour ago
- Pinterest now offers users more information behind all those pretty pictures! What are your thoughts about... fb.me/2UefFqw4m 3 hours ago
- RT @B2Community: WTF?! Over 40 Twitter Abbreviations You Should Know by @trishbaden po.st/sZk68t #socialmedia 8 hours ago
- RT @SpeedShiftMedia: Enjoy your #Wednesday @EnterpriseRocks @Neomobile_Group @SOWhatSOcial_ @UntitledGd_A7x @SBusinessBlog @BillingNinja @T… 8 hours ago
- 60 Seconds in SOcial Media | SO! What? SOcial. bit.ly/U34lR3 #SMM #Infographic 11 hours ago
- Lets Get SOcial? | SO! What? SOcial. bit.ly/V72bi0 #InternetMarketing #SOWhatSOcial 12 hours ago
- SOcial Media 10 Years Later | SO! What? SOcial. bit.ly/YaZfpp #SOcialMedia #SMM 12 hours ago
Connect with US!
SO! What? Calender
SO! What? SOcial Blogroll
- When To Post On SOcial Media Networks? May 20, 2013
- Maximizing Return From Your Facebook Investment May 14, 2013
- How Do Men and Women Use SOcial Media Differently? May 13, 2013
- Effective “Big Data” Management = Successful Online Marketing May 8, 2013
- Why a SOcial CEO? May 7, 2013
- Are Your SOcial Media Analytics Working for You? May 6, 2013
- Facebook: Best Days to Post, Segmented By Industry May 5, 2013
- Did You Know 70% of Pinterest Engagement is Community Driven? May 2, 2013
- The New Heart of Marketing: Service May 1, 2013
- How to Increase Your Twitter Following? April 30, 2013
- 12 New Personality Types in SOcial Media April 24, 2013
- SOcial Media & Corporate Strategy: Changing Roadmaps and New Landscapes April 23, 2013
- Should You Use Twitter? This Flowchart Has The Answer! April 20, 2013
- Which Demographics Use SOcial Media? April 15, 2013
- How to Optimize Your SOcial Channels for Lead Generation April 10, 2013
- SO! What? SOcial Hits 3000 Likes on Facebook April 9, 2013
- How #Hashtags Work? April 9, 2013
- 10 Useless Things to Cut From Your Marketing April 8, 2013
- Are You The SOcial Media You Use? April 6, 2013
- Multi-Channel Marketing Best Practices with PRNewswire April 5, 2013
- ‘Old School’ SEO And The 5 New Rules To Follow April 4, 2013
- 5 Tips on Creating Great SOcial Media Channels April 2, 2013
- Inspirational Tuesday April 2, 2013
- The 4 C’s of SOcial Media April 1, 2013
- Five Steps to a Successful LinkedIn Company Page March 30, 2013
- R.I.P Steve Jobs March 27, 2013
- Infographics, Images, and the Value of Impressions: Why are Visual Features Vital to Social Marketing? March 26, 2013
- Rocking SOcial Media: Work Smarter, Not Harder March 25, 2013
- 50 Tried and True Social Insights From Real Marketers March 24, 2013
- SOcial Media Marketing World #SMMW13 March 23, 2013
- The Anatomy of Content Marketing: Infographic March 19, 2013
- Free Template: The Social Media Publishing Schedule March 18, 2013
- Happy St. Patrick’s Day! March 17, 2013
- Is SOcial Media Bad For Your Phone? March 16, 2013
- SOcial Media Networks 2013 March 14, 2013
- Marketing Metrics & Analytics Guide March 13, 2013
- Webinar: How to Use Pinterest for Your Business March 12, 2013
- Tweet Cheat Sheet: How to Increase Your Engagement March 11, 2013
- Spring Forward 2013 March 9, 2013
- How to Attract Customers with Twitter & Vine March 8, 2013
- The Women of SOcial Media March 7, 2013
- The Art of SOcial Selling March 4, 2013
- Dress for Success Vancouver March 3, 2013
- Happy Weekend! March 2, 2013
- SOcial MEowDia Explained February 28, 2013
- The Tweets From The Top February 27, 2013
- SO! What? SOcial Hits 2000 Likes on Facebook February 27, 2013
- Attack of the Customers February 26, 2013
- Oscars Best Dressed According To Facebook February 25, 2013
SO! What? SOcial Top Posts & Pages
SO! What? SOcial Tags
SO! What? SOcial Category Cloud
SO! What? SOcial Posts I Like
SO! What? Feature Posts
On March 7th, 2013, Dress for Success Vancouver will host IMPACT: An Event for Change, the organization’s annual major fundraising event. Once again, this year’s event will take place at the prestigious Rosewood Hotel Georgia. The evening presents a mix of philanthropy and entertainment – guests have the chance to win special door prizes, bid on exciting […]
B2B Marketing B2B Social Media BC Chapter of the American Marketing Association BCBusiness BrandYou Branding Professionals Brandixit | The Next Generation Branding Community BtoB Marketing Canadian Social Media Professionals [#CSMP] Content Strategy Digital Marketing Digital Media Group E-Commerce Network Ecommerce and Online Marketing Experts Enterprise Social 2.0 Future Trends Google Analytics Innovations in Social Media […]
Awards Gala & Networking Event! Join us on November 28, 2012 at this exciting awards evening as we reveal the Best Companies to Work for in BC 2012 winners. Network with 500+ business professionals and celebrate with the finalists and winners. Plus, hear John Herdman, head coach of the Canadian Olympic women’s soccer team speak on […]
City of Vancouver Completes Three-Year, $3-Million Overhaul of Website. Read: http://ow.ly/cRESY #Vancouver
SO! What? SOcial Top Rated
SO! What? Categories
SO! What? SOcial Top Clicks
SO! What? SOcial
SOcial Media is here to stay. It is today’s new word of mouth engine that drives customer awareness and decision making ability. Be involved in the conversation. Our expert team of SOcial media professionals at SO! What? SOcial Media provide total SOcial media solutions that meet your needs and generate a positive return on your investment.
SO! What? SOcial is a SOcial media marketing agency that specializes in search and SOcial media to connect and engage with your target market. A full service firm that helps connect with target markets develop healthy relationships and build engaging communities.
SO! What? We help companies’ better start, understand, leverage and join in relevant conversations happening all over the World Wide Web. Why? Because in doing so, we improve our client’s business and brand results.
✓SOcial Media Marketing
✓Marketing Strategy and Roadmap
✓SOcial Media Measurement
✓Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
✓SOcial Media Marketing Platform Integration
✓Digital and SOcial Media Advertising
✓Community Building& Community Management
✓SOcial Media Advertising
✓Online Contest and Sweepstakes
✓Fast Tracking SOcial Media Growth
✓Local Search Marketing
✓SOcial Media Monitoring and Analytics
✓Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
✓Pay Per Click Management
✓Custom SOcial Media Profile Development
✓ Website Digital Design and Build
SO! What? A SOcial Media Company. Engage. Connect. SOcialize
Located in Vancouver, British Columbia.
More information? Contact us: email@example.com
- When To Post On SOcial Media Networks?What are the best and worst times to post on social media? Finding the best time to post on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn Google+, Pinterest to increase your engagement, click throughs, likes, shares, retweets, and repins is today’s social media holy grail. This infographic created by Social Caffeine goes into how you can maximize the reach […]
- Maximizing Return From Your Facebook InvestmentSpeaker: Rebecca Momberg, Director, Client Solutions and Strategy, Marin Software Thursday, May 16, 2013- 1:00 PM EDT Register to Learn: How to craft a Facebook campaign strategy for your business objectives Best practices for audience targeting, creative design, creative placement and user experience How to see the full picture of your Facebook performance […]
- How Do Men and Women Use SOcial Media Differently?Did you know that male and female behaviour is very different when it comes to social media? How is it different? On Facebook 62 percent of women do the bulk of sharing while YouTube os where men spend most of their time. 70 percent of Pinterest users are women and also dominate Twitter at 62 percent. […]
- Effective “Big Data” Management = Successful Online MarketingSpeaker: Shaun Siler, Senior Sales Manager, Searchmetrics Tuesday, May 14, 2013- 1:00 PM EDT Do you feel like the management of your vast amounts of data has gotten out of hand? Multiple data sets from disparate sources are what is now called “Big Data.” Search rankings, site visits, and click-data, when assimilated in an organized […]
- Why a SOcial CEO?Did you know that only one in five CEO’s have a social network account? This inforaphic created by MBA Online goes into detail about how this could have a negative impact on business. What do you think about this? Should all CEOs get SOcial? Leave your thoughts in the comments section below. Like SO! What? SOcial […]
- Are Your SOcial Media Analytics Working for You?An exclusive, live webinar from Social Media Today May 8th at 3pm EST / 12pm PST Sponsored by You’re now generating mountains of data with your social media efforts and your team has been producing actionable reports. But are your analytics tools properly analyzing all the data you need to? Are you confident in the […]
- Facebook: Best Days to Post, Segmented By IndustryAre you curious about what the best day to post on Facebook is? This all depends on your industry as each industry is different. The infographic below created by LinchpinSEO goes into detail about what the best days to post as it relates to each primary industry type including: Advertising & Consulting, Automotive, Clothing & Fashion, […]
- Did You Know 70% of Pinterest Engagement is Community Driven?Did you know that 70 percent of brand engagement on Pinterest is generated by the pinning community vs brands? This infographic by Digitas below takes a look at how users are driving the conversation on Pinterest and how brands can take advantage of this and amp up on audience engagement. “Brands need to go forth […]
- The New Heart of Marketing: ServiceAn exclusive, live webinar from Social Media Today May 2nd at 1pm EST / 10am PST There was a time when marketing was all about selling and pushing out the company line. But with the rise of social media, marketers have replaced old models of company-customer communication with vital new models, based on conversation, interaction […]
- How to Increase Your Twitter Following?Tweeting Consistency Sticking with a consistent tweeting schedule on Twitter is important, this symbolizes you being active in your Twitter community. Social media expertswould agree that spending some time each day getting up to date with current events, news, press releases, ect so that you have relevant and timely things to tweet about. I would suggest [ […]
SO! What? SOcial
- About Us
- 2012 Events
- 2012 Webinar
- 3 Steps to Massive Traffic from YouTube
- Accelerate SMB Growth in 2013
- Best B2B Social Practices
- Debunking Mobile Research Myths
- Facebook Marketing Secrets
- Harnessing the Power of Online Networks
- How to Build Links, Get Rankings
- How to Grow Your LinkedIn Group
- Is Social Still Cool?
- LinkedIn and your Brand
- Marketing Goes Mobile – and Local
- Marketing on Social Networks
- Marketing with SlideShare
- Multi Content Funnel Marketing
- SEO and Internet Marketing in 2012
- Social Media and Marketing
- Social Media Monitoring #MSM12
- 2013 Events
- 2013 Webinar
- SOcial Media
- SOcial Media Campaign
- SOcial Networking
- Content Creation
- SOcial Media
- SOcial News
- SOcial Media