A new edition of Vincenzo Cosenza World Map of Social Networks for December 2012, showcasing the most popular social networking sites by country as reported by Alexa traffic data. Facebook still reigns supreme globally with 1 billion active users in 127 out of 137 countries that were analyzed, Facebook has established the leadership position.
API – Application Programming Interface, commonly used by developers – it is code that is intended to be used by other software components to communicate with one other.
Avatar – graphical images that represent people. They can be a logo, image, or photo.
B2B – Business to Business, commonly used to describe the type of customers a company sells their products to.
B2C – Business to Consumer, commonly used to describe the type of customers a company sells their products to.
Blog – short for the word Weblog, it’s a web page that is similar to a journal or diary, although many companies now use them for business news, tips and tricks.
Blogroll – is a list of blogs usually located in the sidebar of another blog indicating who that blogger reads on a regular basis.
Crowdsourcing – a term used to harness knowledge and skills of a group of people to solve a problem or contribute content.
CTA – Call-to-action, commonly used in email or marketing campaigns and signifies what you want a person to do once they see your campaign or ad.
Feeds – are ways in which you can read or listen to items from blogs, podcasts, or other RSS feeds without going to the actual websites. You can set up the feed to be delivered to you via email or you can go to the feed site.
Freemium – a type of business model that offers you some of the product for free and then allows you to upgrade and add additional options for a premium price.
Hashtag – is the pound sign (#) that is put in front of keywords or phrases and used on Twitter so that people can track and follow those conversations easily
iOS – is a mobile operating system developed by Apple.
Metatags – are keywords that are embedded in your HTML of your website that provide information about the site’s content and allow search engines to categorize your site.
Microblogging – the act of posting short messages to a website. For example, Twitter is a microblogging site.
News feed – is a feed full of news that you want to receive or have subscribed to. For example, for Twitter it is all of the tweets from the people you are following comprise your news feed. For Facebook, all of your “friends” posts are considered your news feed.
OS – stands for Operating System and is a program loaded onto a computer or mobile device that performs common basic tasks such as sending output to the display screen.
Permalink – A web address (URL) of a particular post within a blog or website
Plugin – is a software component that adds functionality to a website or blog. For example, social sharing buttons are usually packaged as a plugin so that it allows people to share from your website or blog.
Podcast – video or audio content that can be subscribed to and then downloaded from a website so that you can view or listen offline.
Post – text that you type in a box on a web page to educate or inform others of news or information you wish to share on the internet to an audience
ROI – an acronym that stands for return on investment and refers to what you will get in return for the amount of time or money you are investing in something.
RSS – stands for really simple syndication and it allows you to subscribe to blogs or other media and have it delivered to you through a feed.
SEO – Search Engine Optimization, used when talking about keywords that increase your search rank on web search engines like Google, Yahoo! or Bing.
Status update – commonly used to refer to a post on Facebook, it is text you type into a web page to educate or inform an audience on the internet.
SMO – Social media optimization, is the measure of social activity that attracts users to website content.
Social bookmarking – is the act of adding a link to a website that can be organized and tagged by the user. Examples of social bookmarking sites are Pinterest, StumbleUpon, Digg, and Delicious.
Widget – is a chunk of code that allows you to add functionality to your website without you having to write any code yourself. It usually displays static content, although sometimes they are derived from plugins and can be someone dynamic with rotating text for example.
Located in Vancouver, British Columbia.
More information? Contact us: email@example.com
- How I did on Twitter this week: 2 New Followers. How'd your week go? via sumall.com/myweek 2 weeks ago
- How I did on Twitter this week: 1 Mentions, 85.3K Mention Reach. How'd your week go? via sumall.com/myweek 3 weeks ago
- How I did on Twitter this week: 3 Mentions, 169K Mention Reach. How'd your week go? via sumall.com/myweek 4 weeks ago
- How I did on Twitter this week: 6 New Followers. How'd your week go? via sumall.com/myweek 2 months ago
- How I did on Twitter this week: 2 New Followers. How'd your week go? via sumall.com/myweek 2 months ago
SO! What? SOcial Stats
- 45,475 hits
SO! What? Calendar
SO! What? SOcial Blogroll
- Why Women Are The Real Power Behind SOcial Media? March 13, 2014
- Did You Know 70% of Pinterest Engagement is Community Driven? February 28, 2014
- Infographic: 45 SOcial Media Stats of 2013 February 2, 2014
- Infographic: The Rise of SOcial Media as a Profession January 29, 2014
- Millennials & SOcial Media = ? December 5, 2013
- Infographic: Halloween Costumes for Entrepreneurs October 31, 2013
- How to Market on LinkedIn [Infographic] October 15, 2013
- Using SOcial Media For Lead Generation July 18, 2013
- Link Building Made Simple: FAQ’s on Link Building July 4, 2013
- Need Inspiration? July 1, 2013
- LinkedIn Marketing Solutions – Marketing to Mindset June 19, 2013
- Facebook Adds Searchable Hashtags June 12, 2013
- When Animals Take Over SOcial Media… June 11, 2013
- Could Your Staff Be Your Best Brand Advocates? June 8, 2013
- What Makes a Successful SOcial Media Campaign? June 5, 2013
- How to Create Five Fabulous Infographics in PowerPoint May 31, 2013
- What’s the Career Landscape for Women Right Now? May 30, 2013
- The Key to Building a Strong Online Reputation May 27, 2013
- Increase Shares, Tweets, Likes, and Pins to Fuel Search and Drive Engagement May 22, 2013
- Maximizing Return From Your Facebook Investment May 14, 2013
- How Do Men and Women Use SOcial Media Differently? May 13, 2013
- Effective “Big Data” Management = Successful Online Marketing May 8, 2013
- Why a SOcial CEO? May 7, 2013
- Are Your SOcial Media Analytics Working for You? May 6, 2013
- Facebook: Best Days to Post, Segmented By Industry May 5, 2013
- The New Heart of Marketing: Service May 1, 2013
- How to Increase Your Twitter Following? April 30, 2013
- 12 New Personality Types in SOcial Media April 24, 2013
- SOcial Media & Corporate Strategy: Changing Roadmaps and New Landscapes April 23, 2013
- Should You Use Twitter? This Flowchart Has The Answer! April 20, 2013
- Which Demographics Use SOcial Media? April 15, 2013
- How to Optimize Your SOcial Channels for Lead Generation April 10, 2013
- SO! What? SOcial Hits 3000 Likes on Facebook April 9, 2013
- How #Hashtags Work? April 9, 2013
- 10 Useless Things to Cut From Your Marketing April 8, 2013
- Are You The SOcial Media You Use? April 6, 2013
- ‘Old School’ SEO And The 5 New Rules To Follow April 4, 2013
- 5 Tips on Creating Great SOcial Media Channels April 2, 2013
- Inspirational Tuesday April 2, 2013
- The 4 C’s of SOcial Media April 1, 2013
- Five Steps to a Successful LinkedIn Company Page March 30, 2013
- R.I.P Steve Jobs March 27, 2013
- Infographics, Images, and the Value of Impressions: Why are Visual Features Vital to Social Marketing? March 26, 2013
- Rocking SOcial Media: Work Smarter, Not Harder March 25, 2013
- 50 Tried and True Social Insights From Real Marketers March 24, 2013
- SOcial Media Marketing World #SMMW13 March 23, 2013
- The Anatomy of Content Marketing: Infographic March 19, 2013
- Free Template: The Social Media Publishing Schedule March 18, 2013
- Happy St. Patrick’s Day! March 17, 2013
SO! What? SOcial Top Posts & Pages
SO! What? SOcial Tags
SO! What? SOcial Category Cloud
SO! What? SOcial
SOcial Media is here to stay. It is today’s new word of mouth engine that drives customer awareness and decision making ability. Be involved in the conversation. Our expert team of SOcial media professionals at SO! What? SOcial Media provide total SOcial media solutions that meet your needs and generate a positive return on your investment.
SO! What? SOcial is a SOcial media marketing agency that specializes in search and SOcial media to connect and engage with your target market. A full service firm that helps connect with target markets develop healthy relationships and build engaging communities.
SO! What? We help companies’ better start, understand, leverage and join in relevant conversations happening all over the World Wide Web. Why? Because in doing so, we improve our client’s business and brand results.
✓SOcial Media Marketing
✓Marketing Strategy and Roadmap
✓SOcial Media Measurement
✓Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
✓SOcial Media Marketing Platform Integration
✓Digital and SOcial Media Advertising
✓SOcial Media Advertising
✓Online Contest and Sweepstakes
✓Fast Tracking SOcial Media Growth
✓Local Search Marketing
✓SOcial Media Monitoring and Analytics
✓Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
✓Custom SOcial Media Profile Development
What is Social Media?
SO! What? A SOcial Media Company. Engage. Connect. SOcialize
Located in Vancouver, British Columbia.
More information? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
SO! What? Feature Posts
On March 7th, 2013, Dress for Success Vancouver will host IMPACT: An Event for Change, the organization’s annual major fundraising event. Once again, this year’s event will take place at the prestigious Rosewood Hotel Georgia. The evening presents a mix of philanthropy and entertainment – guests have the chance to win special door prizes, bid on exciting […]
B2B Marketing B2B Social Media BC Chapter of the American Marketing Association BCBusiness BrandYou Branding Professionals Brandixit | The Next Generation Branding Community BtoB Marketing Canadian Social Media Professionals [#CSMP] Content Strategy Digital Marketing Digital Media Group E-Commerce Network Ecommerce and Online Marketing Experts Enterprise Social 2.0 Future Trends Google Analytics Innovations in Social Media […]
Awards Gala & Networking Event! Join us on November 28, 2012 at this exciting awards evening as we reveal the Best Companies to Work for in BC 2012 winners. Network with 500+ business professionals and celebrate with the finalists and winners. Plus, hear John Herdman, head coach of the Canadian Olympic women’s soccer team speak on […]
City of Vancouver Completes Three-Year, $3-Million Overhaul of Website. Read: http://ow.ly/cRESY #Vancouver
SO! What? SOcial
- About Us
- SOcial Media
- SOcial Media Campaign
- SOcial Networking
- Content Creation
- SOcial Media
- SOcial News
- SOcial Media
- #SMWF N.America
- AllFacebook Marketing Conference 2012
- B.C. Awards Gala
- Content Marketing World 2012
- Digital Leaders USA
- Internet Summit 2012
- Mashable’s SOcial Good Summit
- Searchlove Boston
- SOcial Media Strategies Summit
- TDS North America 2012
- #SMSummit Las Vegas
- Apps World North America 2013
- MarketingSherpa’s Email Summit 2013
- PR News’ Digital PR Next Practices Summit
- Social Media Marketing World #SMMW13
- 2012 Events
- 2012 Webinar
- 2013 Events
- 2013 Webinar
- 3 Steps to Massive Traffic from YouTube
- Accelerate SMB Growth in 2013
- Best B2B Social Practices
- Debunking Mobile Research Myths
- Facebook Marketing Secrets
- Harnessing the Power of Online Networks
- How to Build Links, Get Rankings
- How to Grow Your LinkedIn Group
- Is Social Still Cool?
- LinkedIn and your Brand
- Marketing Goes Mobile – and Local
- Marketing on Social Networks
- Marketing with SlideShare
- Multi Content Funnel Marketing
- SEO and Internet Marketing in 2012
- Social Media and Marketing
- Social Media Monitoring #MSM12
- How to Prepare Your Brand for #SoLoMo
- Managing SOcially Integrated Channels
- Social Media & Organizational Change
- Visual Storytelling for Your PR Initiatives
SO! What? SOcial Top Rated
SO! What? Categories
SO! What? SOcial Top Clicks
- Why Women Are The Real Power Behind SOcial Media?This infographic designed for FinancesOnline.com, goes into detail about why women dominate social media. In the USA alone one- third of women access Pinterest, vs 8% of men. On Tumblr it’s 54% to 46% in favour of females. On Instagram there is a smaller difference of 20% to 15%. Clearly women are dominating the fast- […]
- Did You Know 70% of Pinterest Engagement is Community Driven?Did you know that 70 percent of brand engagement on Pinterest is generated by the pinning community vs brands? This infographic by Digitas below takes a look at how users are driving the conversation on Pinterest and how brands can take advantage of this and amp up on audience engagement. “Brands need to go forth […]
- Infographic: 45 SOcial Media Stats of 2013The social community online is growing daily. Are you looking at how to engage with your online community? This infographic created by Digital Insights goes into detail about social media numbers, stats, facts and figures for 2013. The key highlights from this infographic are: 74% of marketers believe Facebook is important for their lead generation […]
- Infographic: The Rise of SOcial Media as a ProfessionWithin the last few years, careers in social media have been recognized as value for companies wanting to connect with customers online. Offterpop, a social media marketing platform compiled data from a LinkedIn study where since 2010 there has been a 1,357 percent increase in social media marketing positions posted. Want to know more about the rise […]
- Millennials & SOcial Media = ?Did you know that over three quarters of 15-34 year olds knows as Generation Y log on to social media everyday? This infographic created by InSites Consulting discovered that 56 percent of respondents said they use social media as a way to communicating and sending private messages while 54 percent use it to kill time. 92 percent […]
- Infographic: Halloween Costumes for EntrepreneursHappy Halloween!! I wanted to share this cheeky infographic created by Entrepreneur with you. What are you dressing up as this Halloween? Like SO! What? SOcial SOcial Media Marketing Agency Vancouver on Facebook or follow us on TwitterFiled under: INFOGRAPHIC Tagged: Entrepreneurs, Halloween, Holiday, Infographic
- How to Market on LinkedIn [Infographic]This infographic by mindflash.com showcases LinkedIn marketing. Some basic stats include: the fact that Linkedin has over 135 Million users worldwide, the average household income of a LinkedIn user is $109,000 and that 77% of LinkedIn users are 25 or older. Having a complete profile on LinkedIn is imperative as well as giving recommendations on skills […] […]
- Using SOcial Media For Lead GenerationSocial media can be an effective lead generation tool for your business. This infographic created by Wishpod goes into detail about how Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and Pinterest; the top social networks when used right can help your business grow with new leads and attract new customers. Facebook, the largest social network in the world […]
- Link Building Made Simple: FAQ’s on Link BuildingLink building made simple: FAQ’s on link building Webcast Date: July 16th, 2013 1:00 EDT (10:00 PDT) Speaker: Jon Ball, Page One Power Quality inbound links are essential to get the best page rankings. But where and how do you get started with link building? Join us for this LIVE webcast to learn the answers […]
- Need Inspiration?What quote best inspires you? Leave yours in the comments section below! Filed under: #socialmedia Tagged: Famous Quotes, Inspiration, Motivation, Quotes