Modern B2B Marketing
The top 10 most effective best practices include:
- Layouts and Templates: Build simple HTML templates that focus on a single call to action, such as a download or demo.
- Graphics: Include a logo or a hero shot and make them clickable.
- Content: Make it straight and to the point, but give your prospect a reason to give you their information.
- Bullet Points: Bullet points are easy to read. Most people who visit your landing page will read the headline, bullet points and a bio, if available.
- Call to Action: A form is the best way to go here, but don’t ask for too much information.
- White Papers, Registrations, etc: Email the white paper to the prospect. It ensures that you get a valid email address.
- Confirmation/Thank You Pages: Do you have something else they might be interested in? Make another offer.
- Page URLs: The name of the page is weighed heavily. Use dashes between words not underscores to improve search rankings.
- Meta Data: This is still important. Search engines weigh meta data heavily in results lists.
- Test, but don’t over-test: Testing removes any debate about what works and what doesn’t.
Learn more. Download Building Effective Landing Pages today.