Become the SEO Expert at Your Organization!
Join PR News for this interactive, pre-conference workshop!
Register Now for PR News SEO Workshop
The Pre-Conference Workshop on Tuesday, February 26, 2013, is from 1 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. with PR News’ Digital PR Summit the day after on February 27, 2013. Both events will be held at The Contemporary Jewish Museum, which is directly next to the Westin San Francisco.
|Bonuses for Attending:
The workshop is limited to 25 participants in order to create an interactive experience with personalized attention.
Bring your team to this must-attend media relations workshop. You’ll leave this workshop with the skills to lift your messages to the top of search results and be the SEO expert for your organization.
As the idea of brands publishing content gains more prominence, the need to understand how search engines rank content has become an essential PR skill. Join PR News’ workshop, led by PR and SEO expert Sally Falkow of Meritus Media, to learn the latest tactics to ensure that your content is indexed properly and ranked well. Learn how to optimize all your content—including Web sites, press releases, blogs, social media content, images and video—and develop habits that keep your messages at the top of search results.
This workshop will provide you with strategies to find and use the keywords and phrases people use to search for news and information about your brand and industry on the Web. Discover the right way to optimize your organization’s Facebook page and YouTube videos for search; manage brand reputation by moving negative coverage further down search results; and how to measure the results of your efforts for senior management.
Google can be your best friend or your worst enemy. Where you show up in Google results determines how—or if—your messages are being heard. Google continues to change and update its algorithm and, with recent changes to semantic search, your website and online newsroom’s page rank and visits to your site could be affected in more ways than you realize.
|At this half-day workshop, you’ll learn how to:|
- Research target keywords to gain better visibility and increase brand exposure on search engines
- Understand the difference between Web search and news search
- Create shareable press release headlines and content
- Optimize PR content for the media to increase placements
- Use linking techniques to boost traffic and visibility on search engines
- Optimize all PR content, including Web site copy, newsletters, blogs, press releases, video and still images
- Increase views on your news content by adding visuals
- Apply SEO tactics to your social media content
- Drive inbound traffic to your Web site
- Optimize online pressrooms for search
- Master URL structure and place your online newsroom and other Web pages at the top of Google’s searches
- Monitor online conversations to manage brand reputation and push negative search results off Google’s front page
- Track SEO’s effects and measure its results to prove its value
Social Media Strategist, Meritus Media
@sallyfalkowSally Falkow is the author of The Future of PR: How PR Can Seize the Social Media Challenge. She was named PR Trainer of the Year for 2009 by PR News for her Social Media Strategy Bootcamp classes. In 2008 and 2009 Sally trained more than 300 agency and corporate PR people on how to plan and implement an effective social media program.A veteran of the PR industry, Sally has translated her extensive experience in marketing, PR and communication to the Internet. Her main interest is in the shift in media consumption and how the Internet and technology is affecting the practice of PR. She was one of the first PR practitioners to use SEO for press releases and other news content.She is certified as an Accredited Public Relations Practitioner by the Public Relations Society of America and is a Senior Fellow and Advisory Board Member of the Society for New Communication Research.
|Who Should Attend ?|
If you spend at least a quarter of your time in any of these areas, you should attend this workshop:
- Community Relations
- Corporate Communications
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Crisis Management
- Digital Communications
- Media Relations
- PR Firms
- Public Relations
- Public Affairs
- Social Media
Register for PR News SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Workshop NOW!
Certificate of Completion